shortest connection for pedals...

AlastairBlake

• Members

Originally posted by AlastairBlake

I know that there are pedal connectors that connect, bend 90, bend 90, then connect agian. are there any connectors that are all one strait rod? out from a pedal, then strait into to the next without bends or cords?

yes.. a few companies make them.. I use a planet waves one..

• Members

Originally posted by varialbender

There are, though I don't highly recomend them. They put a bit of stress on the jacks that I don't like. That's just me being a wuss though. As above, planet waves makes some good stuff.

thats the only catch- both pedals must be of the same make- both sitting on a flat, hard surface... Otherwise you will put a lot of stress on the jacks..

• Members

i'm not sure who makes them, but a few years ago i saw a lot of the double-ended-dildo kind with offset "cams" in the middle between the plugs which made it easy to match pedals with jacks of different heights and placements. anyone remember who made them? they were that terrible oxidized brass stuff, but someone should make a chromed one.

• Members

Originally posted by CustomGR

thats the only catch- both pedals must be of the same make- both sitting on a flat, hard surface... Otherwise you will put a lot of stress on the jacks..

I bought a couple of those. A plug on one immediately broke off the center cam connector. Not recommended.

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

i'm not sure who makes them, but a few years ago i saw a lot of the double-ended-dildo kind with offset "cams" in the middle between the plugs which made it easy to match pedals with jacks of different heights and placements. anyone remember who made them? they were that terrible oxidized brass stuff, but someone should make a chromed one.

I had a few, they couldn't keep their connection with Vex pedals and eventually all of them broke and it was fun. The plugs kept getting seperated from the cams and getting stuck in the pedals.

Good idea, but they don't seem to work all the well in practice. Ernie Ball's 1/4 inch bars work well for pedals of the same height/make, though. I just use Planet Waves patch cables, since Mogami doesn't make any and Monster is way too expensive.

Archived