HELP xmas eve/ guilty panic boyfriend gift buying

TRIGGERHAPPY

• Members

trying to buy an acoustic effect pedal for my boyfriend. know absolutely {censored} all about it.. so need help

are they actually worth buying? whats the difference between effects pedal and processors? is Alesis a decent brand? or is Behringer better? If I get desperate should i spend 115 on a yamaha magicstomp. this is all so confusing doesnt seem to be much out there for acoustic guitars and everythings thats there seems to have {censored} reviews or none at all! x

• Members

Originally posted by TRIGGERHAPPY

gift cards suck.. but i guess since i know absolutely {censored} all i might just have to. i should really listen more when he waffles on about his equipment

no they don't

this is where girls are wrong about guys.

I'd rather have a giftcard (or heck, cold hard cash) for

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

It might be an idea to keep the receipt and say "I thought you'd like this, but if not I will take you to the guitar shop and you can swap it for anything you like".

+1 (disregard my previous post)

:thu:

and make sure the shop says you can bring it back if he doesn't like it (rather than just if it's faulty).

• Members

Originally posted by Dave_Mc_2

and make sure the shop says you can bring it back if he doesn't like it (rather than just if it's faulty).

Excellent point.

The nice thing about this plan is that it shows an interest in his hobby, indicates a level of spend but still lets him make up his own mind. A gift voucher always seems a bit vague to me.

• Members

Excellent point.

The nice thing about this plan is that it shows an interest in his hobby, indicates a level of spend but still lets him make up his own mind. A gift voucher always seems a bit vague to me.

yeah, i know what i said about a gift voucher, but it is nice to get something as a pressie- and the "bring back if you don't like" seems like the best of both worlds...

:thu:

• Members

i just bought my brother an amp, but he may not like it as much as i do, so i'm giving him a gift receipt for it that's good for 7 days. seems to be pretty common all over now... dunno about your part of the world. what's cool is that it's a vintage piece and it was on CONSIGNMENT as well, so what a great service, huh? 8^) Merry Christmas, everybody!

• Members

A gift voucher is better than a crap present you can't return, no doubt.

I have, in the past, given my girlfriend a birthday allowance as part of her present, then taken her around Hamleys (famous London toyshop) to buy whatever she liked...

Oooooooooh!
Christmas at Hamleys....Forgotten those days!
Gift certificate stuffed down the bra.....
Just a thought!!?
Merry Christmas kids!
:wave:

Archived