barber direct drive

Prehistoricpain

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

are you going to get the small fry when it comes out?

absolutely!

Dave Barber said that the Small fry should have about the same amount of gain as the DD I also like the fact the the Small Fry is more tweakable which means it should be more amp friendly!

• Members

Originally posted by J.LaGrassa

absolutely!

Dave Barber said that the Small fry should have about the same amount of gain as the DD I also like the fact the the Small Fry is more tweakable which means it should be more amp friendly!

i want it. the DD is sweet beyond belief. I'm using humbuckers again so i'm setting the DD with the tone around 2 o'clock and the gain about 12 o'clock. the sweetest high gain tone i've had so far.

i'm thinking i should get all the barber pedals. i had a tone press and LTD but had to sell them when i moved and times got tough. they both rock. i'm thinking of getting the silver LTD, small gainster, small fry and launch pad.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i want it. the DD is sweet beyond belief. I'm using humbuckers again so i'm setting the DD with the tone around 2 o'clock and the gain about 12 o'clock. the sweetest high gain tone i've had so far.

i'm thinking i should get all the barber pedals. i had a tone press and LTD but had to sell them when i moved and times got tough. they both rock. i'm thinking of getting the silver LTD, small gainster, small fry and launch pad.

The Silver LTD is awesome and pairs up nicely with the DD! I just went back to playing my Strat I just added the newest pickup design frome Seymour Duncan the Classic Stack Plus and man the guitar just sings with the Direct Drive!

• Members

I got a tone press last month and I'm impressed. I've been looking for the sixties and seventies rauchy Kinks sound without maxing out my Pro Concert Reverb (ouch, it's loud). These don't turn your amp into a buzzy, laptop sound like a SD-1, right? Which would you get to give a overdriven sound without breaking glass?

• Members

I just ordered the Burn Unit EQ from pedalgeek. I a/b-ed one against a DD last summer and prefered it. Why is it that everyone is so interested in the smaller version? Just because of the space saving?

I plan to get more of his pedals also, actually including the DD. I'd also love to see him make a delay and other effects.

Archived