tremolo pedal with foot controller input

EngineGuitarist

• Members

Hi, i usually hang out in the recording forum here but I figured this is the place to go for my problem.

I'm trying to find a tremolo pedal that has either a foot controller or an input for an expression pedal or CV input. It doesn't have to be able to switch what parameters it controls, but I need to be able to control the speed of the tremolo by foot. like it was a wah or something.

I've been looking all over and having no luck. i'm begining to think this will be a custom jobby. If you know of any products that do this or are capable of this (cuz it has the right inputs) let me know.

also if you know of any good custom fx builders let me know. Thanks in advance.

• Members

EngineGuitarist,

I had that same issue, and took me a while till I found a way to control the rate of a Tremolo pedal, I went with the Line 6 MM4, which has an Expression Pedal output that if you select the tremolo, which has like 3 or 4 to choose from, you can alter whatever parameter of the effect you want, speed, depth, shape, mix, pretty much do anything you want with it. All it takes is a standard Mono Expression Pedal. I bought the Line 6 EV-1 Pedal, but any will work. This was before the 3rd Hand thingy came out! So I may be gettin rid of the MM4, and going for something else, but it worked, and worked well. I am not much for Modulation products, I like the real deal! That's why I hate Processors, I go Analog anyday, over a processor. But here's the link to what I have, check it out, if interested, I could probably sell you mine, it's in mint condition! Let me know, we can work something out!

Line 6 MM4 page:

http://line6.com/products/detail/34/

• Members

Having used the voodoo vibe with an expression pedal for years, and now using the tap-a-whirl, I can confirm that it's darn difficult to get tremolo to lock in time with an expression pedal. Tapping is much, much easier. If you just want to ramp up and down, expression pedal's the thing.

Archived