why no big love for the bi-mode choruses in the world?

L6Sguy

• Members

they are pretty darn cool, and actually do 'chorus' better than many, in that they can create a total of three sounds rather than the two sounds of a CE-2 (rather duo-likeinstead of chorus-like, no?). olle inadvertantly turned me on some time back, and i'm forever in debt; i'd seen them plenty before, but they never grabbed my interest at all.....

they can be almost angelic in tone :love:

Ibanez_BC9BiModeChorus_l.jpg

maxonbc-01.jpg

Ibanez_BCLBiModeChorus_l.jpg

any other fans out there? or any other bi-modes worth knowing about?

• Members

The only ones I've had are the Peavey DSC-4 (I think that's what it's called) and the DOD stereo turbo chorus.

The dod sounded like most choruses do with the depth at zero.... might have been a faulty example, but it just didn't move the sound at all virtually. There was an internal trimmer, but that did little to improve the situation. Though, you could do that thing where you take the stereo out and shove it back into the input and it's does crazy cyclic siren noises...

The Peavey however was an absolute blast - two really intense and different choruses you could dial out of time with eachother to create wicked rippling warbles..... and if you maxed out chorus 1 you could get AMAZING alien raygun vibrato with lots of really odd harmonics. It would have never left my sight were it not for the peavery DEP-16 I got in the same deal - which could do a more intense vibrato and modulated delay as well.

:cool:

• Members

I have the BC-9 myself though i dont use it no more as ive managed to cop a 90% similar tone with my UD Stomp using two delay bands (i did further customize it to my liking, messing with the filters to create a more darker and ominous bi-chorus tone) but i have to say prior to getting a UD Stomp, it was a SPECTACULAR chorus pedal. Its unlike the Small Clone and the CE-1 which was dark and murky, it was really dimensional and blends in well without sounding swirly.

If i had to choose a good tone comparison it'll be

Allan Holdsworth's clean swell tone on Panic Station or James Schaeffer's (Korn) clean tone on B.B.K (i believe he did use a Ibanez BC-9).

For those that hate chorus, ive always recommend this and the Boss DC series.

• Members

Originally posted by nosferatu123

For those that hate chorus, ive always recommend this and the Boss DC series.

Definitely. I seem to recall a thread over at Aron's recently where there was a big analysis of the DC-2 and it actually turned out to be a bi-mode chorus after a fashion. The DC-2 and BC-9 are by far my favourite chorus pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by Cruachan

Definitely. I seem to recall a thread over at Aron's recently where there was a big analysis of the DC-2 and it actually turned out to be a bi-mode chorus after a fashion. The DC-2 and BC-9 are by far my favourite chorus pedals.

:love:

• Members

Originally posted by iodine74

Is the Twin Cam (TC-10) the same as the Bi-Mode?

Just a name change perhaps? Or is it a different ciruit?

I would think it is as being the equivalent of the BC-9 in the 10 series. The MASTER series had the BCL, the 9 series had the BC-9 and the 10 series, i'm guessing its the TC10 seeing as the BC10 was a Bass Chorus.

Though when it comes to circuitry, i think theyre more or less the same but i wouldnt think they would be EXACT. Theres bound to be slight difference is components.

• Members

Originally posted by Cruachan

AMAZING! This i never knew.... You sure about this?

Archived