Subdecay Quasar phaser

hookstrapped

• Members

A Christmas present that I won't be returning.

I love phaser. I have a 2-LFO Phaseur Fleur, a script Phase 90 and a Mu-tron Phasor. All excellent, all very natural and musical.

Add to that group the Quasar -- and the cleanest of the bunch. They're all clean (though the Phaseur Fleur can be dialed in to get pretty dirty), but the script 90 and Mu-tron add some nice warmth while the Phaseur Pleur adds some high end grit. The Quasar is so clean and neutral as far as coloring the tone, that it's amazing. Is it, then, boring or sterile sounding? Not at all.

It can be dialed in so that it's so subtle that its cleanness and clarity are great attributes. It's great at adding some extra dimension to clean jazzy stuff, in the same way a bit of reverb adds depth and character.

It can also get deep and fast, and it has a feedback control which is really cool -- from traditional deep phase to auto-wah. And it has a mix or blend control to mix the wet and dry signal.

Extremely well thought out, very good instructions, wonderful sound. Haven't yet tried it with fuzz or compression (my favorite phaser combos) -- I'm having too good a time grooving to its pure blissfulness.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by shepherdspy

the new site looks good, not that there was anything wrong with the old one. the new one is just cleaner.

ha... ive been telling everyone the old site felt like a dirty front yard to me... Not too bad if you live on a country road where no one ever drives by... but the traffic level had gotten high enough i had to do something about it.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

ha... ive been telling everyone the old site felt like a dirty front yard to me... Not too bad if you live on a country road where no one ever drives by... but the traffic level had gotten high enough i had to do something about it.

and that's a very good thing :)

Archived