Vox v848 vs Teese RMC1

terrapin flyer

• Members

i'm in the market for a new wah pedal and i'm torn between the RMC1 and the V848. i don't feel like dropping $300 on the RMC3, so im keeping the cost as close to $150 as possible. i might be willing to spend some extra cash if there are other wahs that are that much better, but what i really want to know is between the 848 and rmc1, which is the better product.

• Members

Originally posted by chrisjnyc

The Teese will probably edge out the Vox. Not too many people play the V848, not sure why...

I doubt you will find a Teese for $150, they hold their value really well!

Check my sig if you are looking for a cheap v847

I bought my Picture Wah in excellent shape for 140 shipped :cool: and it to say it will edge out a V848 is a very large understatement.

• Members

I actually have my RMC3 set to the "RMC1" sound Geoffrey describes in the suggested settings, with a little added low end tweak. It sounds excellent...

There's a slight volume boost and the most vocal mids I've heard yet. I didn't get on with the Pic Wah (too sharp) or the Wizard Wah (too dark) and the stock RMC3 sound is too similar to the "Pic Wah" for my rig.

• Members

I have a Teese Wheels of Fire Way and a Vox V848 picture wah reissue. Overall I like the Teese better, a little better range of sound and the high end is not as harsh. The vox seems to have a really harsh high end at times.

Both are nice wahs. I would probably buy the Teese if I were in your shoes.

Archived