Jump to content

I got burned with a bad check!!!


Non-Digital Tom

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

thats a bitch
:mad:


if it'll make you feel any better at all, i'll tell you about that time not long ago forumite Backstepper stole 6 pedals of mine, under the guise of him doing some paint on them work for me. Pedalworx NeoDrive, BYOC Ranger, VL Superfuzz, Green Muff, Univox Micro Fazer
:(
DOD 680 Delay
:mad:
never to be seen again, or at least he's not responsive to PM and email.



:mad:
:mad:
:mad:

its not just the friggin marimbists. be wary.

 

If he lives in the US I'd take a few vacation days and pay him a visit.

 

Maybe we should form a posse and ride around the US for a month, bashing in the heads of all the rip-off scum plaging the gear froums.

 

I'll bring the Louisville Sluggers.

 

But in the meantime, go the legal internet route, get the local cops where the scammer lives involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Just a lesson learned I guess. Its just a good policy to always make sure the check clears. Sometimes people arent trying to rip you off and unknowngly dont have the money in their account and it comes back NSF. Make sure it clears and it avoids plenty of trouble. I'd like to see this asshole get pwned though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Holy {censored}! Those are all awesome pedals, too. Where the hell is backstepper? Has he posted lately? Has anyone outed him? You probably aren't the only one.

 

awesome pedals indeed, although i was always kinda 'whatever' about the superfuzz. and it was the dod chorus, not delay (mofx's old one with the horrid blue repaint). that notwithstanding, the deal was VL for restoring the 690 & micro fazer (as their previous owners had mangled the orig paint jobs), and a fee worked out eventually for custom paint jobs on the neo, ranger, & muff.

 

it was a 'no rush' job as far as i was concerned, but after so many months of what has evolved into dodging my emails and PMs, the whole deal has left me feeling a bit sour on things. it wasnt like this was 'trade pedals' and he never sent 'em, this was a decent # of emails and back-n-forths, and then it just went...... *poof*

 

were it not for the association with Rev, and that i'm hoping that theres any semblance of explanation (coma, perhaps?), i would've probably had an official 'outing,' but being a hair passive-aggressive, and also just trying to drop hints for anyBACKSTEPPERS THAT MIGHT BE LURKING, OR FRIENDS OF HIS THAT COULD PASS THIS ALONG TO HIM, i'm really only hoping for the safe return of the pedals as the resolution. Backstepper had always struck me as an upstanding citizen, and i'd be more tahn happy to delete everything if this can get resolved.

 

i've done nearly a half-zillion trades/deals here, and the failures have been very limited. i'm really hoping that that number can be lessened.

 

guitarist17 i've really given up hope on, but as that was only a vamp2 i lost, its not nearly as distressing. the dod & univox really kill me though.

 

********************************************

 

NDTom --- sorry for the hijack :( i do hope you've go a nice sock picked out for whichever pedal the bastard gets across the top of his skull.

 

may i suggest a Roland Phase 5? or perhaps, as many customers enjoy, a Maestro Stage Phaser, modded for 36volts by battery only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I got burned for $190 through paypal. A guy bought some stuff with PP and then about a month later PP deducts $190 from my account and says that the transaction is on "hold". No replies from the customer so I figure he's unhappy and asked PP for his money back (but I know that's not the case because he sent in pics of his pedals along with emails about how much he enjoyed building them). No replies from PP either. Then a week later I hear from PP and they send me an email explaining to me what "on hold" means. SO then I send them an email saying that I understand what "on hold" means...I want to know WHY. Another week later I get an email back from paypal saying the transaction was on hold because it was "fraudulent". So then I ask what do I need to do? A week later they reply saying that there's nothing I can do because I didn't provide proof of delivery within 7 days of the incident and I'm no longer covered under seller protection.

 

So basically I had to pay $190 to paypal because they got scammed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Sorry Tom,

 

Nobody could have more contempt for thieves than I. :mad:

 

LISTEN PEOPLE: Life is easier when you work for a living and live honestly. You don't have to look over your shoulder, wondering who is following you, you don't have to tell more lies to cover for the lie that you are living and most importantly.....YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!

 

Golden Rule man, why do you think they call it GOLDEN.

 

 

I'll quit ranting now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by bigtonemusic

I got burned for $190 through paypal. A guy bought some stuff with PP and then about a month later PP deducts $190 from my account and says that the transaction is on "hold". No replies from the customer so I figure he's unhappy and asked PP for his money back (but I know that's not the case because he sent in pics of his pedals along with emails about how much he enjoyed building them). No replies from PP either. Then a week later I hear from PP and they send me an email explaining to me what "on hold" means. SO then I send them an email saying that I understand what "on hold" means...I want to know WHY. Another week later I get an email back from paypal saying the transaction was on hold because it was "fraudulent". So then I ask what do
I
need to do? A week later they reply saying that there's nothing I can do because I didn't provide proof of delivery within 7 days of the incident and I'm no longer covered under seller protection.


So basically I had to pay $190 to paypal because they got scammed.

 

Did the buyer do anything about this?

 

It's quite disturbing that Paypal (and I know why and such) has the power to do this {censored}. Just plain nasty {censored}. :mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Back in 1993 a guy burned me for $150.00. I sold him a provibe for $300, he payed 1/2 up front and I sent it to him. The other half didn't come. So I wrote him a letter asking for it, didn't hear back. Called, got a hard luck story about no job.. no money..I said {censored} it. About 2 years passed by and one day I recieved a money order from the guy for $150.00.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Dave Fox

Back in 1993 a guy burned me for $150.00. I sold him a provibe for $300, he payed 1/2 up front and I sent it to him. The other half didn't come. So I wrote him a letter asking for it, didn't hear back. Called, got a hard luck story about no job.. no money..I said {censored} it. About 2 years passed by and one day I recieved a money order from the guy for $150.00.

 

When the new Fuzz is ready I'll pay in advance. It is easier that way. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by L6Sguy

guitarist17 i've really given up hope on, but as that was only a vamp2 i lost, its not nearly as distressing. the dod & univox really kill me though.

 

********************************************

 

i got screwed but that kid too... over some zvex pedals i bought... it went on for ages, had posts both on the FX forum and amp frum... he was a liar all the way thru... and i showed him up on it... cant believe hes still trying to {censored} ppl over...

 

call him out again, ppl still remember him...

 

:mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's {censored}ed up. I have seen so many awful stories on this forum the past couple of years. It makes me very suspicious. The last trade I made (rick 650c for a Prosonic head) I asked for the guy's landline phone number and asked him to do the BUY IT NOW on the ebay auction to assure it would go down well. Luckily, he was a really decent guy and very understanding.

 

That reminds me, I need to go leave him good feedback...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...