karmacowboy67

• Members

Ok, I'm looking for the super bas ass sweet daddy Jones funky wah here. Which wah is more funky?

Even though I been playing 20+ years , my only wah experience is limited to the Morley Bad Horsie wah, which I'm currently using, and the Cry Bay that I forgot in some practice room some years ago... it sucked big time. The room sucked too.

The Bad Horsie is geared towards hi gain; I'm playing soul/r'n'b with hardly ever any OD whatsoever, only super fat strat sound borderline crunch on top thru Fender amps. Bad mix.

I'm seriously considering the Budda Wah, since it's TB and it's spoken of as being just what the doctor ordered. :thu:

What say all you wise people of wahwah-land? :D

• Members

The Budda wah is nice and it'll work. But here's the only fact you gotta know dawg. The intro to "Shaft" by Isaac hayes was personacalated on a motha{censored}in' Colorsound. It'll make any onion the best crya.

You can either go for the reissue, find an original or shell out the bucks for the Clyde Deluxe. What makes them different then the crybaby/Vox/Budda type {censored}-and they all have the same housing basically-is the length of the throw. It's longer; you sweep that {censored} and the notes just grow and grow! They seem to cover more frequencies at the bottom end or at least they give that impression. I've had an original colorsound and it is the best for that stuff. I sold it when I got the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe because the Deluxe has a three way selector which allows you to get a vox sound, a Shaft (Colorsound) sound and one other setting I never use. The "Shaft" sound was so close to the real thing I didn't feel like I needed the real thing since the fulltone also gave me the super fragelistic option of going Hendrix on they ass when the need arose.

Perpetrators will tell you about the Teese Wheels of fire :rolleyes: and they may sound convincing. I gotta say that the teese has the same kind of feel and throw as a Vox or crybaby and the longer throw of the colorsound and Fulltone makes a difference. Teese's never worked for me; i tried several. others sear by them so ymmv. In the end you need to do this.

Look at my avatar. look at the avatar's of those who would have you buy a teese. Who you gonna listen to ???? G?????? :freak: :freak: :freak::wave:

• Members

Originally posted by AbbeSauniere

The Theme From Shaft was a Maestro Boomerang Wah. Wah Wah Watson was famous for using a Boomerang.

Jacques was under the opinion it was the Mutron Volume/Wah, though the Maestro Wah is a possibility seeing as he used to use the Filter as well as the Universal Synthesizer.

Archived