anyone have any experience with CNB pedalboards?

capnbringdown

• Members

if i remenber correctly the CNB are the ones that rondo music sells, they are good boards but with time and continue usage they tend to fall apart, if you're in active band with lots of gigs and tour a lot, i'll suggest to look somewhere else.

• Members

Originally posted by autopilot

if i remenber correctly the CNB are the ones that rondo music sells, they are good boards but with time and continue usage they tend to fall apart, if you're in active band with lots of gigs and tour a lot, i'll suggest to look somewhere else.

I'm not in a gigging band right now but hope to be. I want something that I can take back and forth and to gigs. I won't be going out every night and definitely not on the road. What kind of use is that considered, light to moderate? Do you think it would hold up for that long. I'm assuming eventually I'm going to either narrow down my selection and will be wanting a smaller board, or in an expansion phase and wanting more room. If it's a total piece of {censored} (or won't fit my needs) then what else should I get?

I did a search and realize some people had bought these a few months ago. Hopefully, they'll weigh in with their thoughts on it. And no, I had no clue it came from rondomusic. I ran over it on ebay.

edit:

I guess if I had bothered to read the ebay seller's name, I would have noticed that it said rondomusic.

edit #2:

I tried to update the subject header (which was the old way to change the titles of threads), and it didn't update the thread title. Have we lost the ability to rename our threads as well?

• Members

I've had one for a few years. I wouldn't step on it or put much weight on it either. I still think it's much better than having a bag and costs less than many bags.

I didn't use the velcro that came with it but I kept it around. Years later is has peeled from the backing paper making me wonder whether it would still be sticking to the case had I installed it.

• Members

I've had 4 of them, varying sizes. I wound up making my own as I kept outgrowing them. The case gets beat up really easily and enough pedals start to pull away the liner from the lid. Good for transporting & light practice, but wears out quickly with regular gigging. I now use one as my gear bag for cords, straps, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I've had 4 of them, varying sizes. I wound up making my own as I kept outgrowing them. The case gets beat up really easily and enough pedals start to pull away the liner from the lid. Good for transporting & light practice, but wears out quickly with regular gigging. I now use one as my gear bag for cords, straps, etc.

Well, let's hope it doesn't fall apart right away because I ordered one.

Originally posted by exploradorable

There is no right or wrong pedalboard. Its only what you like that matters.

I know, but I don't want it to fall apart 5 minutes after I get it either. I guess I'll find out if it holds up or not.

btw for anyone who is considering buying one, I bought mine off ebay, and shipping was only $12. I've heard complaints that shipping was $18. I know it's only a $6 saving, but it's nice to get a little less raped on shipping costs.

Archived