Help with my pedalboard

jason13th

• Members

my current pedalboard set up is as follow : (from amp) -> Yamaha dg stomp -> Vox Wah -> Digitech Whammy -> (guitar)

The issue is that both my wah and whammy suck tone. Maybe i can mod my wah to be true bypass but then im concern bout the subsequent deteriorated tone. Is there any ways which i can bypass the whammy or the wah when not in used? It's all for the convenience when playing live..

Help needed!

• Members

Originally posted by jason13th

my current pedalboard set up is as follow : (from amp) -> Yamaha dg stomp -> Vox Wah -> Digitech Whammy -> (guitar)

The issue is that both my wah and whammy suck tone. Maybe i can mod my wah to be true bypass but then im concern bout the subsequent deteriorated tone. Is there any ways which i can bypass the whammy or the wah when not in used? It's all for the convenience when playing live..

Help needed!

you can buy a TB looper for the tone sucking pedals.. Either have both in one loop- or a separate loop for each pedal.. All depends how you use them..

• Members

TB = true bypass

i had my whammy in a TB loop and noticed a lot of hum. could have been a ground loop issue, but i never could figure it out. i wasn't content to live with it, and now the whammy is off the board.

the wah will be fine with a TB mod. the whammy you'll just have to experiment with. when its on, it sounds fine, but its always processing your signal, even when its off.

• Members

Originally posted by jason13th

oh man.. any other ideas for bypassing the whammy? OR a good TB pedal to recommend?

the problem with bypassing the whammy is that its "bypass" switch has a calibration function. so if you take that calibration function out, then you'll never hit the intervals you need to. the TB loop really is the best option. a lot of people have used it without any problems, but mine just didn't seem to get along with it.

Archived