cheap weird pedals

circuslives

• Members

+1 for everything listed so far... Add to the list-

- pretty much anything with trim pots
- PDS series delays, especially the 20/20
- most of the Ibanez 7 series... pm7, cf7, de7, the lofi, and isn't there a bass synth as well.
- Sometimes Holowon stuff can be found cheaply, ususally on ebay.
- Alesis Ineko. Can usually be found for around $50 on ebay. Delays, reverbs (including reverse), filters, nasty digital distortions and fuzz. Great noise tool.
- Zoom ultrafuzz and trimetal.
- Sirkut ringmod, grinder, and synth noise box
- any or all of the above in a feedback loop
- the Effector13 stuff is abit more expensive that the rest of the stuff on this list, but still economical and definitely worth checking out.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

ibanez fl9 with the trimpots screwed up

well,.. what exactly does the fl9 do with the trimpots screwed?? and in which direction you screw them??

i don't use my fl9 anymore.. maybe i could change that with this little mod! ..

• Members

lell delay.

it generates delay, and the pitch changes with every repeat. and you can play something, stop playing, hit the footswitch and hear the delay of what you were playing. obviously not true bypass:D

• Members

Trimpots are electronically the same as normal potentiometers, but are physically smaller and go inside a pedal on the circuit board. Builders don't see the need for the players to touch these pots in regular application, so that's why they go on the inside.
An example of a control that you might find on the inside of a pedal is a phaser's mix control. A builder might decide to adjust the control to 100% wet (since some components aren't always exact, it's more accurate to use a pot and set it up by ear) and leave it like that. Sometimes your gear will require you to change a trimpot's setting only once, so it would make no sense to have it on the outside. The same goes for switches.

Pow

Archived