Fab Metal/OD/Distortion/Chorus/Flange Rehouse

StratStevo

• Members

Love or hate them. I think they are allot of fun for the money and I was really thinking about doing a rehouse on them, in fact I was thinking about putting them all in one big freaking "Fab Extravaganza Housing" but its not going to happen because everything is surface mounted on one PCB, that's nothing new but it does make it harder. If there would have been nuts on the pots I would have pursued the idea further :(

fab01.jpgfab03.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ThomasD

Bummer, I had the same plan. I was gonna put an OD and Flange together and run it in a delay loop. I may still get them, but at least now I know what I'm up against.

I was more concerned with a Metal/Dist/OD combo, the Fab Metal sounds good on its own but when you run the OD into the Distortion its very focused and tight. Here is a clip of the Fab Metal, its not the best but you can get an idea, the OD/Dist combo sounds better...maybe I will make a clip tomorrow?

Fab Metal Clip

• Members
Originally posted by Pwn3d

I could do it
:)

It would take alot of time and patience, but you'd be better off buying more. You could probably house them all together in that nifty duck tape housing
;)

I was thinking that expandable foam from Home Depot...just make sure all the pots are where you want them before it sets up :D

Archived