exp pedal mod for dd5-volume or decay?

jahozer

• Members

Hi,

I have decided to get the mod for my delay to allow for control by an expression pedal for either volume of delay, or number of repeats. I can't decide which.

At first I thought I wanted to be able to control the number of repeats, so I could add a dubby effect when needed, but now I am thinking that the volume of the repeats is more practicle as I think I would use that more. ie. in a solo.

I play guitar have been playing for more than I care to admit, and have good control of my gear and my ear. I play jam type rock

Which do you guys think would be more practicle. Any input would be helpful, other than "dude, you need analog delay".

Thanks

• Members

yeah, after playing last night, I think I made up my mind. I realized that I keep a fairly long feedback and turn it down when I just want a bit of it. It would be nice to do that in real time.
Sometimes I feel like I should not use so much, but I just saw Johnny A, and noticed that he basically always has it faintly going on a few repeats. More pronounced as he digs in. And with the tap, I am rarely out of time with the effect, which is very limiting in a live situation without it.

Archived