Whats a good reverb pedal?

theAntihero

• Members
Originally posted by danut

hg.jpg

Pfft.

verbzilla.jpg

P.S., don't get me wrong, the Holy Grail is a great pedal. It just has a nasty hum, You need a seperate adapter for it, and it's no where near as versatile as the Verbzilla. The Verbzilla does everything that the HG does, and it's arguable that it does it better.

• Members

Why "Pfft"-ing my suggestion? I just served Antihero with EXACTLY what he was looking for: "a good reverb pedal that hopefully doesnt cost an arm and a leg". I didn't say it's the best pedal out there. The competition is strong, there's Verbzilla, there's the EBS Dynaverb, the Digitech Digiverb...

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by theAntihero

So i might be buying an amp withot a footswitchable reverb and i want to be able to switch my reverb on and off. So whats a good reverb pedal that hopefully doesnt cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks

definitely check out the Boss RV-2 and RV-3..

Have heard mixed opinions of noise from the RV-2 which is what made me get an RV-3..

• Members

The Holy Grail is notorious for crapping out after a couple of months. Don't take my word for it. Read the reviews, there are plenty. I read them myself and decided to take the gamble. And, as advertised, after two months or so it developed a real nasty hum, then just quit working. It's the last time I'll get ripped off by EH.

• Members

Thanks for all the responses, i listened to a couple of clips on MF and both the Holy Grail and the Verbzilla sound pretty cool.

How long do batteries last in the Verbzilla? I like to be able to run my effects on batteries if at all possible..

Also has anyone tried the Dano Spring King?

• Members
Originally posted by vengeance

I just got The Holy Grail for Christmas. The pedal sounds great through the effects loop of my amp but sounds like total {censored} in front of my amp which is what the manual suggest.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you sure the manual suggests that you put it in front of the amp? That seems a bit silly. That would amplify any noise from the pedal as well as rendering it pretty useless for those who use their amp's distortion channel...

• Members

Originally posted by Arius

i'm not impressed with EH either. and i've heard that the digiverb has volume problems.

what volume problems? mine sure doesn't.

i love the digiverb because it does everything the HG does (except the flerb, and does anybody really need that?) and its way more versatile.

if you want true stereo, look into the verbzilla. otherwise the digiverb is where its at.

• Members
Originally posted by x-honeyspider-x

Are you sure the manual suggests that you put it in front of the amp? That seems a bit silly. That would amplify any noise from the pedal as well as rendering it pretty useless for those who use their amp's distortion channel...

Thats what the manual says. Nothing mentioned at all about running it through the effects loop. When I 1st got it the plan was to run it through the effects loop anyway but when I read the manuel it said to run it up front which I tried and it sucked. But through the effects loop is sounds great. Very cool pedal. Makes my leads sounds mystical & its great at hiding your mistakes, very versatile.
I've read good & bad about the digiverb but never tried it out.

• Members

Good old EHX!
Well yeah, i always ran mine through the effects loop. It can be quite a noisy pedal so definitely necessary to run it as late as possible. I can't even use it with my AC30 as it makes too much noise! :(

• Members

Originally posted by Skybone

Marshall Reflector RF-1.

Have you tried one of these Skybone? Has anyone else demoed one or got one? What's it like compared to the competition? I've seen no reviews of it, in fact, the only thng I've heard is that one guy said "it was the worst reverb he has ever tried"! Maybe that's why no-one has anything to say about it!

Archived