your best purchases of 2005?

Star's Shine

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The SCOD is the Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive. I got a chance to play one from a Tourbox last year, and it was probably my favorite pedal of the bunch, along with the Lil' Bastard Brew Fuzz (a great unsung pedal). Playing it with my LP Custom through a '65 Fender Bassman head, I was surprised at the "heavy" tones I could eke out of the pedal - it really does sound very close to natural amp distortion, and it doesn't sound like {censored} when you crank your amp. In fact so far the SCOD may be the only dirt box I'd use in a live setting.

I really need to go out and buy one... :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Parker PM-10. Fantastic guitar and so incredibly cheap...

Was that the fugly Les Paul mis-shape you posted a while ago? Glad you like it, but yuck!

I'm not sure I've bought anything that great this year :(

I suppose my Epi Valve Junior, but I think it's in need of some good valves and some mods before it'll really rock.

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

Was that the fugly Les Paul mis-shape you posted a while ago? Glad you like it, but yuck!

I'm not sure I've bought anything that great this year
:(
I suppose my Epi Valve Junior, but I think it's in need of some good valves and some mods before it'll really rock.

Andi's taste in guitars continues to be a wonderment to us all! Apart from the Artcore that is... Yum! :cool:

Did you go for the Epiphone instead of the Laney VC15, english_bob?

My best buys...

DeArmond Starfire and the bigsby to go with it.

• Members

Originally posted by english_bob

Fugly? No! It is sleek and gorgeous and plays beautifully and sounds ace. I would take it over any LP I have yet tried (especially if I get to keep the change)

• Members

Originally posted by Jeztastic

Did you go for the Epiphone instead of the Laney VC15, english_bob?

nOOOOOO. I bought the Epi a while ago as a general portable/recordable spare amp and for my church rig.

The new main amp is on hold until I get round to putting my Twin on EBay, but the Laney looks like coming second second since I've had the chance to try out a Cornell Romany. Now that is a fantastic amplifier.

Only trouble is, I want the Plus model, which is going to cost me extra. I might be ruthless and split the Twin and the flightcase.

Archived