Guitar Center's on the rock again...

ChitownTerror

• Members

Yeah, no different than the Sunset Strip store. If it's even close to being desirable, it's way overpriced. 150 bucks for a TS10, and this was - God - 2001. They've become slightly more popular then, but I still don't see any justification for that price.

1000+ for a JCM800. {censored}ing ridiculous.

GC sucks for that stuff anyway - it's the cheapies that go unnoticed for months on end that GC is good to nose around for.

• Members

Originally posted by mabus013

Yeah, no different than the Sunset Strip store. If it's even close to being desirable, it's way overpriced. 150 bucks for a TS10, and this was - God - 2001. They've become slightly more popular then, but I still don't see any justification for that price.

1000+ for a JCM800. {censored}ing ridiculous.

GC sucks for that stuff anyway - it's the cheapies that go unnoticed for months on end that GC is good to nose around for.

Damn, I was gonna go there cause it looked {censored}ing rad but, I guess i'll just get some chicken and waffles instead.

• Members

Originally posted by Jakeowen

They have been running this ad for a couple of months now. I actually sent them an email asking them to try listing it at a reasonable price.

Well, one could argue that if there's any place in the world in which people can afford to pay such prices for an amp, it's Manhattan.

Still, this auction is totally ridiculous.

• Members
Originally posted by ActionJackson

Damn, I was gonna go there cause it looked {censored}ing rad but, I guess i'll just get some chicken and waffles instead.

Don't get me wrong - the Sunset store is definately a cool place to go check out - it's like an aircraft hanger stuffed with gear. Joe Perry always likes to go there to check out the vintage room, can't be too bad.

In the six weeks I was an employee there, the following celebs (as far as I'm aware - likely there were more) came in:

Joe Perry
Rob Zombie
Stevie Wonder
Tricky
Jessica Alba (as hot as she is, well, anywhere, she's REALLY hot from three feet away :D)
That guy in the wheelchair from Dark Angel, they were dating at the time (sold him a POD)

A few Ozzfest second-stage level bands came in. Sold the guys from Otep some stuff.

Also, that dork who designed those weird {censored}ing five-string guitars that came out when 7 strings were hot (he ran some ads in guitar magazines claiming he invented the 7 string, which is patently ludicrous, considering that they existed before the 80's when he claims he 'invented' his). Plugged his 'creation' into a Marshall stack to demo it for the guy involved in buying new gear to sell, and sounded like a truckload of ass. Just god-awful.

It's a fun place to go, an awful place to work.

Archived