Figure 8 shaped pedal mounting brackets for boards?

Phil O'Keefe

I saw these on a pedalboard picture once a while back, and I think I saw them on Ebay once too, but have been unable to locate them again. Basically, they're small, figure 8 shaped loops, and you screw one end to the screws on the bottom of the pedal, and screw the other end into a wooden board instead of using the usual velcro mounting.

Anyone know where I can find these and / or have a link?

Any suggestions / leads are greatly appreciated - thanks! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

I saw these on a pedalboard picture once a while back, and I think I saw them on Ebay once too, but have been unable to locate them again. Basically, they're small, figure 8 shaped loops, and you screw one end to the screws on the bottom of the pedal, and screw the other end into a wooden board instead of using the usual velcro mounting.

Anyone know where I can find these and / or have a link?

Any suggestions / leads are greatly appreciated - thanks!
:wave:

Go to your local hardware store and just get some metal strapping (usually in the plumbing section). 5 bucks will get you about 20 feet which should hold down 456,274 pedals (give or take 1 or 2 :)) . That's what I use and it works perfectly.

Originally posted by dopey1978

Go to your local hardware store and just get some metal strapping (usually in the plumbing section). 5 bucks will get you about 20 feet which should hold down 456,274 pedals (give or take 1 or 2
:)
) . That's what I use and it works perfectly.

I thought of that too, and I might just have to do that for a couple of my pedals - the ones where the bike chain links are not long enough to reach the screws. I did grab a bike chain and a chain link removal tool today... got about 10 links removed before the cheap pot metal on the tool snapped. :freak: Then again, it was only about $5 for the tool, so it's not going to kill me to buy another one, and the chain was only about $6.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Archived