Does the Boss GT-8 bring the heavy?

Acid Test

• Members

Originally posted by AmitSadras

i heard and played with the GT8

but...

really?

i dont like the dist in this multy effect.

its sounds vavavavavavvaavav

not good actually. very not good.

it have back noises that even his noise susspender couldnt deal with it

I thought the distortions in the ME-50 were real bad - lots of noise and very sterile. Thanks for the input on the GT-8.

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

How good are the heavy distortions on the GT-8? Does it do a good rectofier sound? Any opinions - I had a ME-50 that sucked and a GT-6 that was okay.

If you're looking at the GT-8 for distortion I would suggest spending your money elsewhere.

If you're going for a multi-fx.. I would go with tonelab or something else... But then again I like that warm, tube, authentic feel to my sound.

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

How good are the heavy distortions on the GT-8? Does it do a good rectofier sound? Any opinions - I had a ME-50 that sucked and a GT-6 that was okay.

I think it depends on how your using it. I watched a guy demo one through a Fender Twin. Right between the guitar and the amp. He knew a little bit about changing the parameters & settings. Sounded very good. Not as good a a REAL Mesa, but very good nonetheless.

The 2 amp set-up is TITS. Go from sweet clean to balls-out nasty just by picking or strumming harder.

I want one.