Effects help for recording.

Cadillac Todd

• Moderators

What's up guys... I'm a long time lurker on other HC forums and am looking for a little advice before I go in to record my next album.

My music is mostly hip-hop and rap and I do most of the sequencing and songwriting on my computer with a keyboard controller, but am considering adding some guitars for edge on the next album. It's still 100% in your face hip-hop, but I'm talking about bringing it to the next level.

What sort of crazy {censored} is out there that can add some whacked effects to the mix? I'm not talking about lame metal {censored}... I'm talking beat.

What you got?

• Members
Originally posted by Cadillac Todd

My music is mostly hip-hop and rap

Black people played Jazz, and White people stole it from them.
Black people played Blues, and White people stole it from them.
Black people played R n' B, and White people stole it from them.
Anticipating theft, Black people got together on a Sunday afternoon and decided to create something horrible. They came up with rap and hip hop as a revenge on whitey.

Fat "I put the C in Rap" the Wok

P.S. Sorry I cannot offer any advise.

• Moderators
Originally posted by varialbender

Doesn't have to just be effects on the guitar. Not sure if you've messed around with it, but I'm a sucker for distortion on drums. Just really filthy sounding.

Thanks for being a bro. Yeah... I've got all sorts of {censored} running post after the drums and bass... filters, distortion, you know. It's all patches off the soundcard though. I'm considering picking up some external effects to run in the loop.

• Moderators
Originally posted by Happy_Thom

you wankers

hip hop is good as long as it's not fiddy cent or p diddy or whatever.

I say whack some ring mod on your guitar youll make it sound weird but you can get some wicked rhythm sounds off it.

like the intro to glass by incubus

Any standards in the ring mod world?

• Members

What's up guys... I'm a long time lurker on other HC forums and am looking for a little advice before I go in to record my next album.

My music is mostly hip-hop and rap and I do most of the sequencing and songwriting on my computer with a keyboard controller, but am considering adding some guitars for edge on the next album. It's still 100% in your face hip-hop, but I'm talking about bringing it to the next level.

What sort of crazy {censored} is out there that can add some whacked effects to the mix? I'm not talking about lame metal {censored}... I'm talking beat.

What you got?

seek_wah_big.jpg

Zvex seek wah

seek-trem_lg.jpg

seek trem

All the following can be purchased here:

vin612.jpg

42903.jpg

ehpog.jpg

• Members

You might enjoy a Fuzz Factory. That'll give you much better (or cooler to me anyway) distortion for the drums, and it's awesome on guitar, and you can do some crazy oscillation stuff, and I'm sure you can sample that and do some cool stuff. Guess it depends on what you want to spend. Maybe some more stuff that you can't do too much of on the computer, some more oddball effects or something. Here's another idea, you know any songs that have an effect you like? We might be able to tell you what it is.

• Moderators
Originally posted by varialbender

You might enjoy a Fuzz Factory. That'll give you much better (or cooler to me anyway) distortion for the drums, and it's awesome on guitar, and you can do some crazy oscillation stuff, and I'm sure you can sample that and do some cool stuff. Guess it depends on what you want to spend. Maybe some more stuff that you can't do too much of on the computer, some more oddball effects or something. Here's another idea, you know any songs that have an effect you like? We might be able to tell you what it is.

I'll look into that too. I'll see if I can get up some of my clips from my last album to give you an idea where I'm coming from. I don't listen to rock or anything like that, so I'm really just coming from the rap/hiphop scene. Just tryin to bring something fresh.

• Members

Dude... why are you guys being dicks? Just cos I don't play fag emo {censored} doesn't mean you need to hate.

Anyone who's not a prick?

I don't hate and I'm not a prick. I don't even know fag emo {censored}, and I apologized for not being able to help.

"I like the Fresh Prince. He raps happy."
Doogie Howser, MD

:)

• Members

You're making fun of my music, which is bull. How many hot ass women do you get showing up to hear your music?

I've got {censored}loads.

Only 3.5 women come ta see ma shizzows.
One o' dem used ta be a playah, dawg. Dat counts as half.

Wut we gots in da izhouse iz failure ta communicate, know wut I'm sayin'?

(Thanks to B-Rad for the use of The Gangsta Translata, bringing communication to everyone) :love:

• Moderators
Originally posted by Fat the Wok

Only 3.5 women come ta see ma shizzows.

One o' dem used ta be a playah, dawg. Dat counts as half.

Wut we gots in da izhouse iz failure ta communicate, know wut I'm sayin'?

(Thanks to B-Rad for the use of The Gangsta Translata, bringing communication to everyone)
:love:

Bitch number 2. I'm not wasting my time on you... some people here are for real, and some are bitches. Your a bitch. If I'm such a joke, why do I get all the women and have studio time?