The Trade Reference Thread

inscho

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In reply to this Mesabooger, who keeps on lying, and lying and lying... is still lying as all can see. He lies about it to cover his tracks,... or he tries to cover his tracks. I sent you many many emails, no response. I sent you a monster cable, It got sent back to me by PO office. YOu claim YOU sent it back. Nice try mesabooger! I then reboxed the NEW cable and sent it back out a few days later. In the meantime I get a modified shell. You claimed it was Like NEW and clean. You make too many poor excuses about your lies.

-1 for Mesabooger. Jeez, you just keep lying and bringing this up. You are a PITA! Luckily for you, you are doing this on a forum, and ripping peope off, if this was the real world business you would have been in trouble with many many customers. Stand up for your lies, and be honest instead of being a PITA to people. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by hendrixfan

In reply to this Mesabooger, who keeps on lying, and lying and lying... is still lying as all can see. He lies about it to cover his tracks,... or he tries to cover his tracks. I sent you many many emails, no response. I sent you a monster cable, It got sent back to me by PO office. YOu claim YOU sent it back. Nice try mesabooger! I then reboxed the NEW cable and sent it back out a few days later. In the meantime I get a modified shell. You claimed it was Like NEW and clean. You make too many poor excuses about your lies.

-1 for Mesabooger. Jeez, you just keep lying and bringing this up. You are a PITA! Luckily for you, you are doing this on a forum, and ripping peope off, if this was the real world business you would have been in trouble with many many customers. Stand up for your lies, and be honest instead of being a PITA to people.
;)

I havnt heard anything about this deal but i remember buyin something from him a while back and it was as good as any deal ive dont on here.

• Members

Mesabooger, the question is, Do you remember me telling you, about the bracket in the wah case, and you telling me to try putting big washers on it, and how you kept on insisting to that, and modifiy the pot. And I didn't want to do this? Then I tried to meet half way and told you I will try a few different pots, and that I finally found a pot that might work, and how it works for so long, but after a while becomes loose from using it, and that I will just try to use it as a "test" wah or something?

I did send you around 3-4emails, this summer, and you never got back to me. I then figured I was screwed, and you wouldn't take the shell back,(i never got a reply from you, and this WAS NOT 4 months after the trade) and then finally, after many attempts of emails to ya before this, I got really pissed, about the trade, and you not responding, that I sent the last email to you, as a last try and then all of a sudden you replied. And after that, I posted on this forum about the trade.

Also, WHAT is the difference when you say you wont' trade back becuase you sold the cable? You are saying you won't trade back because you sold it, then send me the money you sold it for, and take the shell back. you won't.

Only thing I can think of, to satisfy both of us, is for this to be worked out. You are saying you would have traded back, if you still had the cable, then if you send me $30, paypal, I will send the Shell back to you,with your bottom plate it came with, in same condition I recieved it in, and I will pay the $8-10 shipping, and put delivery confirmation on there, so that I KNOW you got it. And I will remove my -1 for trading with ya, and remove my posts on the problems of trading with ya, becuase at this point, I would consider the Trade fair, and you a fair trader. I tried repeatedly to make a middle ground, before I posted here. If I was a bad trader and "out ta ruin your cred" then why would I wait 4 months to post about ya? I would have done it within the first 2 months, or LESS than that. But I didn't. I kept emailing you, and after so many emails and no reply, I posted.

I am willing to trade back then. Instead of cable, the money for the cable. THat was a brand NEW cable, and cost $50 or more brand new. This wah shell, is worth way less than that, especially considering it being modified how it was.

*edit*
and yes, I do remember the cable being sent back to me, with a week of sending it to you, and me talking to you through email, and sending it back out to you again, and not sending it immeditaly, but a a few days late after I got it back.

• Members

Just as I assumed you would answer you did. You blame me, not yourself. You do the same thing you did all along. deny everything. Also, don't try to say where I was coming from, you know damn well you are lying, and you continue to lie. All I have ever done was try to solve the situation and be nice. But you keep lying, and it does get me pissed off.

Besides, what the hell do you want me to say in the email? "Oh, thanks for ripping me off, and continueing to ignore my emails, and never reply. And thanks for being the worst person I ever dealt with, and 'oh, btw do wanna trade back?'" I dont think so! You make like it was months and months ago, I kept asking you all along to trade back and you wouldn't, just becuase the cable got returned to me, and I had to ship it back out to you, doesn't mean anything. I asked you repeatedingly to trade back, you wouldn't. You kept insisting on modifying the pot, and useing washers, and how way back when you modified pots in your electronics field and so on. I finally after a month or so from my last email, sent you my last email, asking nicely. I was giving you one last chance to trade back, and correct your problem, before I posted. And sure enough, as soon as I told you I was gonna post about ya, you emailed me back. Hmmm.... wonder why????

At this point, you not only ripped me off, but continue to waste my time. You always say you tried to make right, and you never did, and you always say now that you would trade back but you don't have the cable, what the hell is the difference if you pay me the money back, or trade back the cable?? Nothing. Either way, you know you ripped me off, and ripped others off. And now you are trying to make like it is me, and convince others that you ripped off, not to come out and let others know, cuz you will lie about them, and try to ruin their name here too.

Don't deal with this person. Mesabooger is the worst by far. Don't trust him either! He will deny everything and bend the truth. Say he is going to make good and never does. Don't keep bringing this up and continue to waste my time, like you have been doing all along.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

My suggestion to you guys is to delete all the crap you have thrown around in this thread and just let Inscho chalk up the numbers. Time to move one, already.

If that suggestion isn't good enough, then shut up. Shut it. Now.
:wave:

Read my last post, saying to STOP bringing this up.
I have been trying to do this, but if you look back, Mesabooger keeps bringing it up, over and over again. He posted about me in this thread, and I replied with my repsonse,(which is fair) and he keeps replying back again, and then I reply back, and he continues to bring it up. Same way he whines on all these posts, is the same way he whines in the emails, and wouldn't take the shell back.

• Members

I will be completely honest in saying I actually believe your side of the story. Still, this isn't really the thread to load down with arguments. If you guys could go back and delete your crap people can get back to leaving positive or negative feedback. This kind of crap should have its own thread.

Thanks. I understand, and even if Mesabooger replies, I won't. I am leaving my posts up, since there isn't many, but atleast people will know what Mesabooger did to me. I feel like I had to let the people here know, that Mesabooger can and will rip you off, if he has the opportunity to do it. Sorry about the thread being crowded with his and mine posts. But, I don't feel there are alot of them. Sorry to those that are annoyed by this stuff in this thread, and feel it doesn't belong here. ;)

Gentlemen, this sort of thing is why "trade reference" type threads frequently do not survive for very long. :(

On one hand, I recognise the usefulness of these threads to the forum community. Knowing others have had a good trading experience with a particular member, while not a guarantee that your trade will go equally smoothly, does help reduce the concern factor, much as Ebay's feedback feature does. However, when things go wrong, and that is reported in these threads, claims of slander and inaccuracies inevitably arise. Slander is verbotten on HC... but how are we, your humble moderators and administrators, to know which side is telling the truth? We're not the slander police, and we don't have the time, resources or inclination to investigate the claims and counter-claims.

So most admins will just pull the thread when such a claim is made. That is apparently what happened in this case. There was a report made, and someone (not sure who) pulled the thread.

I went ahead and restored the thread, but we're going to have to give some thought - some serious thought - as to how to proceed. I suppose we could limit it to only positive feedback. That gets us around the negative aspects and prevents claims of slander and so forth... although it does somewhat limit the usefulness of the feedback. However, reading positive feedback about someone is generally still useful, and if you don't read anything positive about a particular person, well, caveat emptor. However, it is possible that there could be no positive feedback due to no previous dealings with other forum members or failure of other forum members to leave feedback after a positive transaction, and of course, it would also still be possible that even with positive feedback in this thread, your deal may not go smoothly... so as always, caveat emptor.

I encourage your suggestions and comments relating to these issues, and I'll make a decision about how we can proceed with this thread - if we can proceed with this thread - within the next couple of days.

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Gentlemen, this sort of thing is why "trade reference" type threads frequently do not survive for very long.
:(

On one hand, I recognise the usefulness of these threads to the forum community. Knowing others have had a good trading experience with a particular member, while not a guarantee that your trade will go equally smoothly, does help reduce the concern factor, much as Ebay's feedback feature does. However, when things go wrong, and that is reported in these threads, claims of slander and inaccuracies inevitably arise. Slander is verbotten on HC... but how are we, your humble moderators and administrators, to know which side is telling the truth? We're not the slander police, and we don't have the time, resources or inclination to investigate the claims and counter-claims.

So most admins will just pull the thread when such a claim is made. That is apparently what happened in this case. There was a report made, and someone (not sure who) pulled the thread.

I went ahead and restored the thread, but we're going to have to give some thought - some serious thought - as to how to proceed. I suppose we could limit it to only positive feedback. That gets us around the negative aspects and prevents claims of slander and so forth... although it does somewhat limit the usefulness of the feedback. However, reading positive feedback about someone is generally still useful, and if you don't read anything positive about a particular person, well,
caveat emptor
. However, it is possible that there could be no positive feedback due to no previous dealings with other forum members or failure of other forum members to leave feedback after a positive transaction, and of course, it would also still be possible that even with positive feedback in this thread, your deal may not go smoothly... so as always,
caveat emptor

I encourage your suggestions and comments relating to these issues, and I'll make a decision about how we can proceed with this thread -
if
we can proceed with this thread - within the next couple of days.

Phil, I would like to personally apoligize for this. We should have taken this flame war to another thread where it would not have mattered if it had been deleted.

I guess I got wrapped up in the flames. I can see how easy this is when one tries to defend oneself and does not really think about what other effects it might have on the community. Again, sorry and that won't happen again.

I will delete all of my posts except for the initial one. :wave:

• Members

I will be completely honest in saying I actually believe your side of the story. Still, this isn't really the thread to load down with arguments. If you guys could go back and delete your crap people can get back to leaving positive or negative feedback. This kind of crap should have its own thread.

Here's your solution Phil, have one thread with just the numbers, and if anybody feels the need to explain a trade/vent over something they can always create a thread just for it, which can easily be deleted without loss if things get out of hand.

Originally posted by godard

Here's your solution Phil, have one thread with just the numbers, and if anybody feels the need to explain a trade/vent over something they can always create a thread just for it, which can easily be deleted without loss if things get out of hand.

Seems reasonable. :)

Anyone else?

• Members

The one thing I like about the "whole thread" is I sometimes have forgotten trades and then I read a Thank you to myself and it reminds me to leave feedback for that person. It is also nice to read how someone percieved your transaction from their point of view, so for me the "entire" thread has value. Phil, as always, I think you handled this one with the correct amount of "moderation" and I think it should continue to work in the future. If a flame war breaks out simply delete those posts and deal with the parties individually. Just my 2 cents.