The Trade Reference Thread

inscho

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hendrixfan: -1

This is my only defense against the accusations of hendrixfan

Word advice to everyone else, keep all of your emails. That was the one mistake I made here.

I found the email exchange that took place on April 8, 2006 (7 months ago)

From hendrixfan:

"Hey,

I got the shell today. I am very unhappy and disappointed. There is a hole drilled in it and the chip off the back of the pedal. Why didn't you tell me about that stuff? Also the picture you sent didn't show the hole drilled in it, it was cropped or out of the lense width, and it looks like you took the pic on the side where the chip is, but it isn't there in the picture at all? WHY?

I told you I build and sell wahs. I wanted this shell to put a circuit in and sell it, how do i tell someone they are paying all that money for a handmade wah, but the shell has a hole in it and a chip out of it? People don't like that, they expect it NEW. I even told you how glue residue from the felt/velcro would have bothered me, so you knew I didn't want any of THIS wrong with it!

Also, THere is J.B. weld on the potentionmeter brackets.
It shows that it was grinded down and it cracked and you filled it with JB WELD!
You NEVER told me any of this.

I would have expected you to be upfront about these things. Only thing you told me that it had was rubber bumpers missing...

**** [real name withheld]

Jeez and i was trying to be so nice telling you to ship it cheap to save yourself money, and took up my time trying to help you with your vintage wah pedal problems. *sigh*"

My reply:

"Hey,

I got the cable today. You know what, let's trade back. I only traded cause you wanted a shell. I did not know or care that you made wahs for profit. I saw the hole, thought it was like that, I never altered anything on that shell, nor did I intentionaly crop any of the pictures.. There was a pot in there as it was an expression pedal, I removed the pot and that weld came off. How hard is it to remove the weld, I don't know. What chip are you talking about? This was not a mint piece, I never said that. I thought it was pretty clean. I appreciate the fact that you took some time and talked about my other wah with me, but I never saw that as some huge favor. I have traded so much gear and with the value 50 times of this, it is simply not worth the trouble. Like I said, let me know, and that cable is on it's way back to you. Just to let you know, I have plugged it in once."

----------------------------------------------

On April 9, we had agreed on trading back, but it was not until about a week later that it happened.

My records indicate (and other forum posting) that I shipped the cable back to him on April 19, 2006.

A few weeks later, we both agreed to keep the trade going and shortly after that, the cable was once again on its way back to me, the wah shell remaining in his posession.

This is part of an email received on Sep 27, the first since last spring

"I traded you a Monster Rock 21foot rock cable, for your Vox shell. As you remember, when I got it, the bracket was modified, and I wasn't happy. but we decided to just keep the trades... I am emailing, wanting to trade back. I tried to make use of this shell, even though I wasn't happy with it when I got it. But, no matter what I do, it isn't working for me. I wish it would have just been a normal vox shell, without the modification that was done. Frankly, before we traded, if I had known it was modified like this, I would have never traded in the first place. but I wasn't aware of it, until I actually recieved it. ;) " - No mention of or threatening to take it to HC forums. And my reply was that I no longer had the cable.

All of this was documented in other threads and in other forums as it happened because my frustration with this trade.

hendrixfan,

You may continue to say what you wish and even if some believe your side, that is fine because I know what really happened. Finally, your lies have caught up with you.

Archived