Doing something different, a little tube thing.

Rid

• Members

Well got this project that had gone to the dusty shelf, so I thought that I might give it a shot, an OP-amp and tube driven od, no clipping diodes, fooled around with some different filters, extra inside trimmers and sockets for changing OP-amps, tried quite a few different ones, and the tube I sticked with a JJ12ax7 tube, the thing changes character alot when using different tubes, from old tired warm to fat gainy...it is very different from what I normally fiddle around with, but I got to something I liked, here is a testrun on a bluestrack, will probally post some other clips, it does sound better on a real amp as I just used my Marshall DRP-1 for this recording.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=415328&songID=3690736

• Members

Thanks, no price yet it is just a prototype that has been stuck in limbo for some time now.
But I think I have brought it back to life again.
I am pleased that it sounds so juicy and warm, got alot of other tight sounding products, so it was nice to get ones hands on something that sounds oldfashioned:D
Niels

• Members
:p Heh wake up man;)
Yes I work for CM....
And the circuit...hmm well I think it is related to the Tubedriver one, seems to be the same amplification thing going on, then again there are not a great many ways to do this without going to clipping diodes, or using normal transistors to amplify ones signal with, more convinient with the small ones in the OP-amps then:D

Archived