Zvex Fuzzfactory LED, anyone know about this?

• Members

I sold my Fuzzfactory and the buyer is telling me that the LED isn't working. I used this pedal very little so I'm having difficulty remembering, but doesn't either using an adapter or a battery bypass the LED? The guy is understandably bummed out, though polite, and I couldn't find the info I'm looking for on the Zvex site. Any fuzzfactory owners know what I'm talking about? I'd really like to sort this out for him without having to refund his money.

• Members

The Man himself can help you more on this. I don't think using a battery or adaptor can bypass the LED. If it's still under guarantee you or him can have it fixed no problem.

BTW, if the guy needs the LED to let him know the little devil's on i'd like to know what's his definition of sonic annihilation...

Hope I've been of any help

• Members

I'm really not sure what to think. You know how people are about these pedals, what with them having the capacity to squeal and requiring a bit of tuning to get the sound you want. I personally thought it was a great pedal, I just like my DAM Meathead better and I didn't need a bunch of different fuzzes. I'm more of an amp gain guy. I hope he's not having buyer regret and trying to pull a fast one, because I packed that thing like fort knox with about 3 inches thick bubble wrapping just to keep it from bouncing around in the box, and it worked fine when it was sent off.

• Members

Yeah, the service is apparently spectacular on this stuff, but I wouldn't know b/c it worked fine when I had it. If it gets back and the LED works I'm going to be pissed. Anyone know what sort of recourse I'd have in that situation? I mean I told him that I'd ahve to get the pedal back before I could refund him any money, so what if I get it back and there's nothing wrong? I seriously had this thing packed like I expected someone to play pro-football with the box.

• Members

Thing is, I was just selling it to rally some money together for a new amp. Now I've got the cash to spare. Maybe I'll just keep the damned thing. It was a really good pedal, I just needed something moreover for band applications than recording, and it seemed to me like the FF was better suited for the studio with all of it's control parameters. I'll just send it to Zack myself, if I even need to. But you'd better believe it'll be bad feedback city on eBay for this dude if he's BS'ing about the LED.

Archived