New Matamp purchase!

sub rosa

• Members

Picked this up yesterday from the factory, Chino Head with matching cab. Was floored by this amp when I tried the combo at the factory 3 weeks ago and ordered straight away!

Matampsign2.jpg

Here's a review I put up after my last visit:

Chino review

The differences are that instead of EL34s its running with KT77s upon Dave Green's recommendation. Plus the cab is loaded with 2 8ohm G12M greenbacks with a cab rating of 16ohms. The preamp has 1 x ECC81 (input gain) and 2x ECC83s.

The other change is my pedal setup through it which now has a Diamond Fireburst instead of a EHX Double Muff. I intend to pick up a Diamond J-Drive TR to run through the amp also.

• Members
Originally posted by Backstepper

Saw the Legendary Shack Shakers on monday. Their guitar player was running a white falcon into a Matamp Green. Sounded fan frickin tastic. If your Matamp sounds even one tenth as good I'm dman envious.

Matamp is as Matamp does!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

If you're wanting to go the clean amp and distortion amp route I suggest 1224 + GTO.

That would be an awesome rig!

Aye.I had a 1224 but it was a bit too smooth and hifi for me, its a shame they don't make a GTL with the 1224 switching.

Now THAT would be a cool rig!!

• Members

Originally posted by riffpowers

Aye.I had a 1224 but it was a bit too smooth and hifi for me, its a shame they don't make a GTL with the 1224 switching.

Now THAT would be a cool rig!!

rigs, rigs, rigs.

I gotta decide what to get rid of now......weak.

• Members
Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Yes, that amp looks very nice.

But the picture, that is awesome. Nice composition skilz.

Do you mean blending images? If so then no because I took that pic at the factory before I loaded it into the car. :D

Couldn't resist! When I was there at the start of the month I insisted my mate took a photo of his stack under the sign!

matampJ.jpg

It should be the staple of every gear pickup from the factory..I mean, COME ON, its a feckin' huge sign!!

• Members
Originally posted by sub rosa

Do you mean blending images? If so then no because I took that pic at the factory before I loaded it into the car.
:D

Couldn't resist! When I was there at the start of the month I insisted my mate took a photo of his stack under the sign!

matampJ.jpg

It should be the staple of every gear pickup from the factory..I mean, COME ON, its a feckin' huge sign!!

I figured it wasn't photoshopped.

Here in America, when we buy a nice new piece of gear, it is usually in some bland ugly strip mall. Your picture was refreshing in an old-world kind of way.

Great score too!

• Members

Originally posted by newstrat60

can someone explain the difference beetween Matamp UK / Matamp USA, when i google "Matamp" on 2 or 3rd position there is "electric amps" or "green amps" which looks dead awesome BTW :

There is but only Matamp which is http://www.matamp.co.uk. Matamp.com is an old USA distributor. The current USA distributor is Juniors Music: http://www.juniorsmusic.com

Electric Amps is a different company.

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

I figured it wasn't photoshopped.

Here in America, when we buy a nice new piece of gear, it is usually in some bland ugly strip mall. Your picture was refreshing in an old-world kind of way.

Great score too!

Thanks! It's because Matamp sell direct, rather than have it posted out I decided to make the long trip up to the factory which is always cool!

Archived