Is there an EQ/boost combo pedal?

peavey2112

• Members

Well I think every EQ will boost. If you set the EQ dead center it should be at your same level of output. If you boost every frequency then it will also increase the volume as every frequency has been set higher. If you decide to cut the mids and boost the lows and highs you may still get some boost depending on how drastic you are cutting and boosting. I have a Morning Dew EQ and I boost everything but I have bass the highest, then treble, then mids. So mine functions as both an EQ and a boost.

• Members

All EQs will boost but they EQ better. GE-7 distorting=ugly. If you're more interested in the boost -- i.e. amp overdriving levels and front of amp noise concerns -- you may be better with a good boost with some EQ capability. These simpler EQs such as the MDew and SBlue take the middle ground.

• Members

Look at a Boss EQ-20. It has 10 bands of EQ, nine presets that can be used as they come from the factory, or over-written with your own, and 2 EQ settings can be used without changing the EQ bands.

The unit has a realtime EQ with bands that can be adjusted. If you like a particular setting you have come up with, you may save it to the memory side, and continue to use either the memory side of the EQ, or switch via pedal select to the realtime side and a different EQ setting. Plus, you have the "off" mode, so you actually have 3 different settings available without using your hand to re-select a different preset.

Simply set one of the EQ settings with the bands set to center detent and raise the volume slider to get the boost you desire, if you don't want certain frequencies accented along with the boost. Simple.

• Members

the mxr 10 band eq is great for tonal flexability, however i leave mine on all the time in the effects loop. the xotic rc booster has eq controls on it and its a great pedal. check out there website for clips n videos. but once again i leave that on all the time with no gain to give my clean channel balls and to fatten up the signal for my other pedals. the xotic bb preamp is a great dirt/od boost with large amounts of gain to be had, almost marshall like distortion. I think that is the pedal I'd recommend...it's very touch sensitive and it also has eq controls on it. I'm not using mine anymore because the mxr eq gave my drive channel new life so i'm selling mine.its brand new, under 10 hrs of use...if your interested drop me a pm. hope this helps:thu:

• Members

I don't understand why people say the BOSS GE-7 sucks in the FX loops on amps. I have one (stock) and it works beautifully in the FX Loop of my Marshall DSL 50. I use it as a volume boost for leads and I can also shape the sound a bit.

If you want a cheap (read: inexpensive) copy of the BOSS GE-7, go with the Behringer. I also heard/read that the Danelectro Fish N' Ships EQ pedal is awesome.

Archived