Recomend me a Dist. Pedal for a Twin Reverb

Hotdamn

• Members

jekyll & hyde maybe?? I know tubscreamer + strat + twin goes together pretty well (the jekyll side of the pedal is essentially a ts-808 clone), and the hyde side is great for heavier stuff.

Maybe a modified boss ds-1 (used one today instead of my classic 50's drive channel and i must say it worked reallly great, I have much less headroom than your twin though!!)

• Members

i use a menatone top boost in a can which is a vox drive emulator(and i does a good job) and a barber LTD. they both work great. but i think the ltd would work with anything. its just a great low gain overdrive. only $99 as well. the top boost in a can is quite a bit more expensive....

Tim

• Members

I wonder where the "I heard that Twins dont like pedals" myth comes from? IMHO the Twin is one of the best amps out there when it comes to pedals. With my blackfaced 71 Twin I use (besides wha, chorus and delay) an Xotic RC Booster for slight break up and volume boost, a Keeley BD-2 for low gain dirt, a TS9 (monte allums mod) for bluesier stuff, a Fetto for heavy dist and a retroman Sybil fuzz for fuzz mayhem. They all work very well with the Twin.

Archived