Is the Fasel even worth it?

DylanWilde

• Members

I am looking to get a new Crybaby wah, and I am wondering if I should get an almost new, pristine looking standard Crybaby for $59 or if I should go for a new Crybaby Classic with the Fasel for $99. i ultimately have to try them both out and go from there, but I was wondering if, from experience, you guys think it is worth it to go with the extra money and if the Fasel makes that big a difference.

• Members

the short answer is yes, it makes a diff.

i've tried a few of the aftermarket inductors on the market today and they make a significant difference to the meatiness and tone of the wah. if you want the wah to really have character and cut through it is a good investment.

however, if you are good with a soldering iron, you could always just buy the basic one and put in the new inductor yourself.

• Members

Yep, the standard inductors suck.... I have tried both red and yellow fasel inductors in my own homespun pedals and they sound great. The red is a little mellower than the yellow but both are good. I have also used fulltone inductors, tdk and stack of dimes. The inductor is the heart of the wah. Go the extra because the standard just doesn't cut it. You can buy the inductor for around $20 but you have a few other things that may be different than the regular crybaby. The regular is not TB and it is not TB friendly, there could be differences in caps and resistor values also. From my expierence working on the GB95 I'd say go with the classic or a Vox.

Archived