Going to Tokyo on Sunday, what to get..

fortytwo

• Members

Call me a weirdo only things I would get in Japan are.

-Orville LP
-old Greco
-a particular Stevie Wonder compilation that was quite possibly the best collection O'Wonder.
-A visit to Akihabara circa 1994.
-real Ramen
-real Katsudon
-one more Spring in Tokyo.
The following Coca Cola products:
-Georgia Coffee
-Sokenbicha
-Coke (skinny can)

• Members

real Katsudon is essential. Just find music stores and browse. You'll see fun stuff and probably some good deals on used stuff. Just don't buy new gear there. $$$.

Also, you should come home with some good stories involving women.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Call me a weirdo only things I would get in Japan are.

-real Ramen

-real Katsudon

Oh.. That's a given..

As for the women.. I'm not really into Japanese girls, they are kinda cute and all, but they are kinda short, and I'm 6'4", and into long legs..

• Members
Originally posted by fortytwo

Oh.. That's a given..

As for the women.. I'm not really into Japanese girls, they are kinda cute and all, but they are kinda short, and I'm 6'4", and into long legs..

I am not of your stature but having spent my formative years in Japan I am over the Japanese ladies unless they have tattoos and a asshole attitude to boot. The squeaky iku's and covering of mouth while talking annoys me due to the meekness.

Pocari Sweat is available just about everywhere... But Calpis Water is not! (for good reason.)

225px-Calpis.gif

• Members

Originally posted by fortytwo

Oh.. That's a given..

To each his own...MORE FOR ME!

But anyway, I picked up a clearance Maxon AF-9 in Akihabara for about $60. Had some fun with it at home and then sold it for $150 on ebay. Also, at the Yamaha store in...i don't remember, but near Osaka, there was an Akai Deep Impact for approximately $300. I played it for a while and said I'd take it. The guy came back with a calculator that said approx $225. I don't know if I got an American discount or what.

My friend paid about that much for something very different in an allyway. But that wasn't my bag.

Archived