The more I gig the less I want new gear!!!

RJpilot

• Members

Has anyone ever noticed that when your idle and not playing out a whole lot...you end up gettin antsy and fill your time with GAS. When I was giggin I ended up realizing that I wanted less to fiddle with new toys and just get a simplified easy to access sound. In the last few years I usually just ended up using a tuner as my pedalboard.

Now that I have been without a band for a few months, I find I want a ton of {censored}.:mad:

• Members

I can't really play at all right now because of where I live (apartment), but I'm moving in a few months so I'm looking at all the gear I can buy until I can really rock out like I want to. It sucks!

I've been able to play a little, but it's mostly acoustic for the next two months.

• Members
Originally posted by mumford

I'm kind of the opposite. The more I gig, the more I want different sounds so I don't sound like everyone else. I'm bored with the same old guitar sounds.

+1 here. No gigging, no rehearsin, no recordin, no GAS.

My band broke up about a year ago now. We hadn't gigged in awhile (we'd been working on a record). But over the 7-8 years together, whether gigging, practicing, or recording, I had lots of GAS. Lots and lots. Since the break, even though I've played some with friends (and gone back to grad school, thus the not finding another band) the GAS has been pretty minimal. My set-up is just fine for me at home and I feel like I'm not really using it enough to go crazy. I've even thought here and there about selling stuff off to pay down the bills. :cry: I won't (yet) mind you. But I've thought about it. Life just ain't the same.

Ian

• Members

I definitely into the former camp... as soon as my band commenced recording, I bought some gear I'd had my eye on for a while, but then I was pretty content playing shows and trying to master my current rig (not likely)... now that I'm not playing out anymore, this board has led to a major GAS flare-up... STOP STOP STOP MUST STOP.

• Members

i'm gasing for less since i've had this new band the past few months, and i tend to only think towards practical uses now...like we could use a drum machine...a minidisc recorder @ practice... etc-

but i still GAS like a moron.

flying V's, moogerfoogers, baritone guitars, skreddies, bjfe's, they all haunt my dreams.

Archived