How to get that drive sound on Transatlanticism

Pwn3d

• Members

it could be amp overdrive. they used to use fender blues juniors (15 watts) and they now use Dr Z stuff. the blues juniors make a very similar sort of overdrive and cos theyre low wattage they can be cranked a little more.

• Members

sorry- the blues junior makes a similar sort of overdrive to that heard on transatlanticism. i think my last post made it sound like i was comparing them to Dr Z stuff. ive never played any Dr Z equipment.

• Members

really? i was amazed when i saw them live. i thought they were gonna be all lifeless and sad but they rocked. they played an epic version of We Looked Like Giants were they brought out a second drumkit and ben and the drummer did this big bridge. i was also impressed how many of the sounds from the albums were repeated live, like the fat electronic drums on We Looked Like Giants and also those electronic beats from Title & Registration. I thought they played a fantastic, exciting and varied set.

• Members

yeah they played with The Dismemberment Plan in LA-- D-Plan were arguably one of the most enthusiastic live acts of the last decade, and compared to that, Death Cab put me to sleep. it didn't help that the LA crowd was full of poseurs standing slack-jawed with their arms crossed over their designer sweaters. BO-ring.

that said, I've heard some good Death Cab tracks in my day... but I'd rather listen to The Postal Service if I had to choose...

• Members

I've seen them several times over the years, the last time on the transatlanticism tour. They're either completely amazing or really boring. Their sound is always good. I saw them at some small places over the years, but I'll never go again. I'm pretty much over them, and I think the last record is kinda blah.

Archived