what's your favorite 3 chord progression?

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

If I actually knew the names of the chords I played, it'd probably be easier to answer this question.

+1:thu:

We play by ear. Of course I know the simple ones but I don't know the names of the more complex ones. Some kind of C and we all hear it!

:D

• Members
Originally posted by Sister Saviour

I give a {censored} when I have to spend long hours at practice saying to clueless bandmates "No, you've got an A in there, just play C {censored}ing 6. Not that one, move your finger up a string. Not that one, that one. THAT ONE!".

Not that my bandmates are like that now, I thank the universe everyday for getting me a bassist and keyboardist who understand theory.

A is the sixth in a C {censored}ing 6 chord. :o

• Members

i'm not sure about the names for those chords but i'll try

dmin - gmaj - d#maj7 -> x5776x - x5543x - x6533x - this one's in "provider" by nerd, and also in "clown" by the hollies, it's the best
bmin7 - c#min7 - dmaj7 -> x2423x - x4645x - x5767x - that allows for a lot of combinations
dmin - a#maj - amin -> xxx765 - xx876x - xx755x - that in some song by clapton and the bluesbreakers, and i think flletwood mac has great song like that only with this progression

basically i'm in love with min7 and maj7 chords, so even when i make punk song i use these :D

Archived