OT. Got in a car accident today. Buckle up.

camerashake

• Members

Got in a car accident today. A service truck owned by the NYC Housing Authority decided it wanted to sodomize our new Subaru. The wife and I are alright, but the car (three months old today:cry: ) is basically totaled.

Those of you with outstanding Barge orders, we're still working, but might be running a day or two behind.

Buckle up, keep on keepin' on.

• Members

glad to hear your alright!

i got rear ended today while driving the company truck its a ford f-150 adn they guy that hit me was driving a saturn lw300 wagon thing, needless to say his front end was crupled while the truck just a afew scratches on the bumper. it serves him right fir trying to skip ahead of 3 cars, sucky thign i had to take a piss test even though the accident wasnt my fault, good thing i've been clean since new years

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

+1 on being glad you and your wife are OK.

sorry about the new car, but the problem is just

temporary !!!

Only had it a short time, but we loved that car. The insurance co is supposed to be looking at what's left of it tomorrow and we'll find out if they are repairing (I hope not) or replacing (hopefully we can talk them in to getting us one in the color the wife originally wanted).

Only temporary, but an inconvience. Had to cancel a meeting today, and the wife may have to change her plans for her annual DC trip. But still, the car performed its duties well, and we got out OK.

Originally posted by usa83strat

glad to hear your alright!

i got rear ended today while driving the company truck its a ford f-150 adn they guy that hit me was driving a saturn lw300 wagon thing, needless to say his front end was crupled while the truck just a afew scratches on the bumper. it serves him right fir trying to skip ahead of 3 cars, sucky thign i had to take a piss test even though the accident wasnt my fault, good thing i've been clean since new years

I wish the NYPD had made the other driver take a piss test. Guy was definitely on something. Even if it was just cough medicine, he was out of it and obviously not safe to be driving.

There was some sort of hydrolic winch on the front of his truck, which did most of the damage to our vehicle. And, of course, not a scratch on his.

• Members

I can never stress wearing your seat belt. I damn near lost my brother because he wasn't wearing his seat belt. He's lucky to be alive, and I'm lucky to still have him around.

Once again: Wear your seatbelt please! You never know when someone will do something stupid.

• Members

Originally posted by pbrommer

I can never stress wearing your seat belt. I damn near lost my brother because he wasn't wearing his seat belt. He's lucky to be alive, and I'm lucky to still have him around.

Once again: Wear your seatbelt please! You never know when someone will do something stupid.

Seatbelts (and the airbags not going off) saved us today. We wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Buckle up. I hate sounding like Smokey the Bear, but it's important. That's all I wanted to say.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

-G

• Members

Originally posted by camerashake

Seatbelts (and the airbags not going off) saved us today. We wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Buckle up. I hate sounding like Smokey the Bear, but it's important. That's all I wanted to say.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

-G

I totaled my car turning left at a yellow light, and someone was coming straight as I was already turned and hit my right side. It was the first time I had never worn my seatbelt, and I completely totaled my car. If someone was on the right side of my car, they would have been seriously injured.

• Members

Originally posted by Kalebmation

I totaled my car turning left at a yellow light, and someone was coming straight as I was already turned and hit my right side. It was the first time I had never worn my seatbelt, and I completely totaled my car. If someone was on the right side of my car, they would have been seriously injured.

You both were trying to beat the yellow?

• Members

Yeah.

It turned yellow and I was in a hurry, and the girl was slowing down as she was comign straight, so I went ahead and turned. As I was almost finished with my turn she sped up and hit my right side.

She lied and said she had insurance, but she didn't. I lied and said I had on my seatbelt...

My mom works for the local police station so it was a neutral fault accident and I didn't get cited, nor did she.

• Members

Wierd thing is I actually have a friend who's alive today thanks to not wearing a seatbelt. The accident reconstructionist concluded that being shot through the rear windshield actually saved him from being crushed. That being said, I also have a friend who would have been killed if he hadn't been wearing one.

Buckle up.

Archived