who's into analog delays?

mamberg

• Members

After reading all this and listening to everybody, it seems like all the pedals (almost all) seemed to come up just a little short of what we expect in our pedals. I wonder if that was done on purpose to keep us buying pedals? I know it sounds crazy, but in a way it would make sense. If we all bought the perfect set up the first time, we would be out of the pedal buying business except for something new and different (you know...besides a chorus, delay, phaser,flanger...the usual stuff)..............hmmmmm.........makes ya think.........

As a matter of fact, we used to complain about the vintage MXR's sucking the tone out of our sound..we were never really satisfied even back then.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

After reading all this and listening to everybody, it seems like all the pedals (almost all) seemed to come up just a little short of what we expect in our pedals. I wonder if that was done on purpose to keep us buying pedals? I know it sounds crazy, but in a way it would make sense. If we all bought the perfect set up the first time, we would be out of the pedal buying business except for something new and different (you know...besides a chorus, delay, phaser,flanger...the usual stuff)..............hmmmmm.........makes ya think.........

As a matter of fact, we used to complain about the vintage MXR's sucking the tone out of our sound..we were never really satisfied even back then.

Haha, thats a new conspiracy right there! I like it. Although I think it has more to do with people being picky and changing their idea of what they want to sound like.

• Members

I dig analog delays. And I dig my DD20 too. And my DE7. And even my Korg 301 dl somedays.

Current analog delays - Ibanez AD202, Arion SAD-1, and EHX DMM. Loves me that modulated delay.

Used to have CM DeLayla, DOD FX90 and FX96, Big Jam SE-7, Atomic Sonic Echo Vibe, Ibanez AD99, Morley ECV.

Looking forward to getting a Memory Lane and maybe a Moog someday.

Not today. Paid taxes and fixed my car so no new toys for a while.

• Members
Originally posted by SKYNETRP

You want the best delay money can buy?? Then get a Fulltone EchoPlex remake......best damned tape echo delay in the world.....it ought to be, it's $1,000........it is an EchoPLex on steroids.

The FullTone TTE is much, much cleaner than any EchoPlex, so while it does have its own sound and uses, it does not have nearly the "musical grunge" of the old Echoplexes.

That said, I would not mind having one, LOL! :D

My analog delay needs are covered by a Moog MF-104SD and a Binson Echorec.

I'd love to have a modern-day Roland RE-201. ;)

And oh, I will get a EH DMM soon. :)

cheers,
Ian

• Members

Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

i enjoy em quite a bit.

currently own a Carl Martin Delayla, an EHX DMM, and the king IMO: the Echoplex.

had a lot of other ones in the past, quite a few sleeper gems out there.

Anybody want a practically NIB DMM??

How much? I'm not even sure what a Delux Memory Man goes for these days.

• Members
Originally posted by aeon

The FullTone TTE is much, much cleaner than any EchoPlex, so while it does have its own sound and uses, it does not have nearly the "musical grunge" of the old Echoplexes.

That said, I would not mind having one, LOL!
:D

My analog delay needs are covered by a Moog MF-104SD and a Binson Echorec.

I'd love to have a modern-day Roland RE-201.
;)

And oh, I will get a EH DMM soon.
:)

cheers,

Ian

Believe it or not, we used to do more bitching about our EchoPlex's than we did praise. But musicians never were any good at proper cleaning and frequent tape replacement like we were supposed to do........LOL.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Haha, thats a new conspiracy right there! I like it. Although I think it has more to do with people being picky and changing their idea of what they want to sound like.

Up until this very day, we have never had a distortion device that REALLY did the job like we want it to do. Even the TS808 has it's faults.........but we expect way too much out of a box on the floor don't we? After all, look at all the pedals that are named after amplifiers that we want them to replace........."tube screamer........Brown sound............stack in a box........etc.........

Since the very fist time we heard a cranked up 100 Watt Marshall at a big concert, we have been looking for that sound in a small club ever since. There are even stomp boxes that were actual amplifiers (Crunch Master, Blues Master, Cream machine) to be placed in front of our non master volume amps. I would LOVE to be able to actually hear a Blues Master. That thing has transformers and an EL 84 power tube and a 12AX7 in it. HAs anyone ever heard one? Was that the closest we have come to a floor unit that does it all?

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

its a yammie, i played it, soso. Originally posted by dot-dot-dot "Not only will any boss pedal kill your tone, it'll also sneak out at night and kill babies and puppies and kittens. Also it will be mean to nice old ladies."

Well, that does it.......................little puppies?? Not little puppies!!!

Archived