Storage question for those of us with too many pedals...

hoerni

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

Thanks! As she gets older she becomes more helpful.

Here she is testing IndoFunkCity's Pan Pedal (described in
this thread
)

maiju_paneer.jpg

She loves pedals, especially tweaking the knobs. That's the only problem with the drawers; she can reach most of them.

Adorable kid, your a lucky dad.:)

• Members

Post like this make me sad...talking about all these great useful pedal getting STORED!??! I'm sure many people out there have many vintage, rare, or just plain useful pedals stored away driving the price up on some....such a shame!

You guys can store all the gear you don't need/use at my house. PM me for the address. Thanks.

• Members

Okay, so I came up with at least a temporary solution. Found some old drawers that people with throwing away that fit the pedals okay. Keeps them free of dust at least (they're down the basement with all my tools)

Here's the layout with everything closed up. The big cabinet is where I keep the guitars, the 4x10 on top is for my bass rig and the drawers on the right are for the pedals.

storage_closed.jpg

Here's the cabinet open (and my little assistant - she's usually there when I make some noise). I got the cabinet on the local freecycle board. Used to be a computer workstation for a daycare.

storage_open.jpg

Crap, your basement windows are barred, I was going to come and take a look some late evening. When your not around....:evil:

• Members
Originally posted by puddinstone

Post like this make me sad...talking about all these great useful pedal getting STORED!??! I'm sure many people out there have many vintage, rare, or just plain useful pedals stored away driving the price up on some....such a shame!

You guys can store all the gear you don't need/use at my house. PM me for the address. Thanks.

They get stored between playing times. ;) Just cause they're not used every day doesn't make then unloved.

Some of the pedals in the drawers (DS1, PW-10, AW-3, etc) need to go back on my bass pedal board. Others will go on my guitar pedal board (when I finally get around to building it). I'll probably see some at some point (but not soon)

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

vd1zx4.jpg

Woah, made in Italy? That must be old; it's not japan, korea, taiwan, etc. Did Jen do OEM models?

Have you tried asking AnalogMan? (whoever it was who wrote that book - I thought he was a forumite, but I can't remember his login)

What does the board look like? Maybe you could date it based on that (or least write up a real good ebay description for why it looks just like a Jen/Vox/ etc)

• Members

Woah, made in Italy? That must be old; it's not japan, korea, taiwan, etc. Did Jen do OEM models?

Have you tried asking AnalogMan? (whoever it was who wrote that book - I thought he was a forumite, but I can't remember his login)

What does the board look like? Maybe you could date it based on that (or least write up a real good ebay description for why it looks just like a Jen/Vox/ etc)

Made by Jen. Looks identical to the Sound City, Vox, and other OEM named pedals. Would say late 60s to 70s.

• Members

They get stored between playing times. Just cause they're not used every day doesn't make then unloved.

Yeah...I understand. But not everybodies that way. I can't really complain though...and only do in slight jest. If I had the money to buy hundreds of pedals I wouldn't play them all the the time and would have to store them away. Plus, some can be an investment.

The offer still stands to store your extra gear at my house.

• Members
Originally posted by puddinstone

Yeah...I understand. But not everybodies that way. I can't really complain though...and only do in slight jest. If I had the money to buy hundreds of pedals I wouldn't play them all the the time and would have to store them away. Plus, some can be an investment.

The offer still stands to store your extra gear at my house.

Some are an investment, but I use them too. Don't have anything that's stored just for investment - although I think about it. If I get a good deal on something, I usually flip it for a quick buck.

Actually I forgot in the last post, I also analze them for the class I teach. (you can find a link to a presentaion in my sig which shows a bunch of my pedals and their outputs)

Ga is a little far to travel for me. I think I'll keep them in the basement. But thanks. :wave:

• Members

Some are an investment, but I use them too. Don't have anything that's stored just for investment - although I think about it. If I get a good deal on something, I usually flip it for a quick buck.

Actually I forgot in the last post, I also analze them for the class I teach. (you can find a link to a presentaion in my sig which shows a bunch of my pedals and their outputs)

Ga is a little far to travel for me. I think I'll keep them in the basement. But thanks.
:wave:

Are you sure that they are not reproducing in there?

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

Are you sure that they are not reproducing in there?

Could be.... Or maybe that's just what I'll tell my wife...

Of course some might be infertle, so they'll need to adopt from ebay...

Archived