newbie with pedals...

IluvRiffs

• Members

dont fret!

that things good for pleanty other things trust me..the phaser isnt half bad, the stack distortion works great at high volumes...chorus is fine, throw alittle flange with whatever OD pedal u get and youll have one hell of a fun lead tone

just make sure you turn everything else off, IE pickup pmodeling, cab modeling, etc etc...start from scratch.

My one setting, is the STACK amp, at about 65 Gain, level i control with the expression, everything else off except noise gate, and i think my eq is something like Bass 3 mid 0 Treb 4

Its not a bad pedal line once you get the hang of it. I was in the same boat, my dad bought me the RP200 for xmas one year, and my bro the bass version. On our crappy practice amps, it was good, since we knew nothing else. I got a behringer GMX2x12, it sounded like ass, but on my brothers behr amp, it sounded godly..i get my new tube amp, this pedal is all i use on stage..in fact if im feeling lazy i borrow the gfs unused RP50

I often thought about selling mine too back in the day, but like you, i didnt want to hurt my fathers feelings..{censored} i cant leave that thing alone now.

Really this thing is better when you make your own patches. ive found the pitch shifter is great when you use another overdrive. I can go from standard to D tunning with the press of a pedal, and you really cant tell the pitch is transposed

now ill admit, it doesnt standup to a good old analoge setup, but i play with a guy using digital distortion also, so its real easy matching it

i really think though the only reason my distortion on ths doesnt suck is because im using a tube amp, and the tubes in it are more twangy/gainy than distortion

• Members

Things I have against Creed, in no particular order:

1. Shamelessly plundered the sounds of my youth-- e.g. Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains-- adding nothing but overwrought "Christian" lyrics and near-constant shirtlessness.
2. Scott Stapp -- for having a terrible voice
3. Scott Stapp -- for writing terrible lyrics
4. Scott Stapp -- for having a terrible last name
5. Scott Stapp -- for being allergic to shirts
6. When questioned, denied they were a "Christian band," despire their name, lyrics, and Stapp's penchant for crucifixion poses on stage.
7. The guitarist's

• Members

Originally posted by IluvRiffs

DAMNIT!! NOOOOOOOOO!! MY DAD WENT OUT TO BUY THE PEDALS WITHOUT ME!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! AND HE GOT THE DIGITECH RP80!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!....

so now...

do i sell da thing and save up and get a NEW better one or keep it till i get out of my parents house...

give it a chance, some people bash them around here, but i think they're allright. my friend has an rp-200, and it does pretty good, i like it better than a magicstomp for sure.

Archived