newbie with pedals...

IluvRiffs

• Members

hey guys. im kinda a newbie.i know how to use the multi effects and all couse i usually play my friends guitar and effects for about 5 months now. so i was wondering. which would be a better choice since i like multi effect pedals.

Zoom gfx1

Zoom 606

Boss Me 50

I wanted a wah pedal, but then i picked gfx1 cause it had 4 pedal, easy to use. so i figured i'll get the wah later on. sepperately. they can be connected right??

thats about it that i know of...

if there are suggestions, do share.

• Members

hmmm, from your list I'd also pick the Zoom gfx1, second choice would be the Zoom 606 (with the expression pedal) and last but not least the Boss ME-5, which is a bit outdated, even though it has the best basic sounds and is very dependable

you can add a separate wah pedal, nothing to worry about

another affordable multi-FX is the Digitech RP 80

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

hmmm, from your list I'd also pick the Zoom gfx1, second choice would be the Zoom 606 (with the expression pedal) and last but not least the Boss ME-5, which is a bit outdated, even though it has the best basic sounds and is very dependable

The ME5 was the old plasticy thing. The ME50 is the new junior version of the GT8 (I think of it like that anyway). I think that'd be great starter unit that would prbably survive longer in his rig than the Zooms. But it's all speculation.

• Members

Originally posted by IluvRiffs

lol...what do you guys have against creed anyways?

uh oh, someone pulled the pin on a grenade

I'll be jumping in a foxhole now

get a wah and an overdrive pedal

wait on some other effects in the future

no need to be rash and go multi

• Members

DAMNIT!! NOOOOOOOOO!! MY DAD WENT OUT TO BUY THE PEDALS WITHOUT ME!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! AND HE GOT THE DIGITECH RP80!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!....

so now...

do i sell da thing and save up and get a NEW better one or keep it till i get out of my parents house...

Archived