Lovepedal White Dragon

Arjae

• Members

Got my White Dragon yesterday.

lpdragon.JPG

I have spent a good few hours playing it today and damn am I impressed. This blends so well with my Mojo Vibe. With the Driver and Blend knobs cranked and then backing off slightly on the Driver, it is giving me the tone that I have been struggling to get out of my Hot Silicon and '70. Total Jimi-ish timbres from it, especially with the Mojo. It cleans up so damn well and is extremely dynamic and responsive. The knobs on it allow for a ton of different sounds of which I am still exploring. Gotta get back to playing it but wanted to just drop a note on it in case anyone out there was wondering about this one. :wave:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

pardon my ignorance-- and please don't flame or get excited because i know this can be a volatile subject-- but what's the deal with the Lovepedal line?

i see dozens of different pedals on this forum but when i go to the site there are only a couple of models currently being made. so... can anyone just order custom shop work, or how does it work?

i'm trying to track down a COT50 because that sounds the most intriguing, but what are all these other pedals? just variations?

enlighten me!

• Members

I too could have done without the slang definition of a White Dragon.":freak:

Keep your eye on eBay.

Put Lovepedal as a search.Sean puts them up periodically as 3 day auctions,but usually sell pretty quick.His eBay name is the same as his HC name,kimsuzzie.

There's a Karl fuzz on there right now.

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?catref=C3&catref=C6&catref=C6&coaction=compare&coentrypage=search&copagenum=1&from=R9&fsoo=1&fsop=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&sacat=-1&satitle=lovepedal&sojs=1&from=R9&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCH:SRCH

• Members

Originally posted by Gearhunter

I too could have done without the slang definition of a White Dragon.":freak:

Keep your eye on eBay.

Put Lovepedal as a search.Sean puts them up periodically as 3 day auctions,but usually sell pretty quick.His eBay name is the same as his HC name,kimsuzzie.

There's a Karl fuzz on there right now.

That Karl is badass!

• Members

Originally posted by jasonfuzz

but what's a white dragon? i cant find it on the site.

Check the description on the completed auctions about it. Basically, it has a volume knob, a driver (gain) knob and a Blend knob. The blend knob takes it from ge fuzz to treble booster. So many flavors in between.

• Members

I appreciate the help, but y'all are as vague as Sean himself. ;)

Half the pedal descriptions say something like "takes you from treble booster type sounds to heavy fuzz."

I know the COT50 is a "plexi" -- the Eternity is overdrive, etc. All the other limited editions seem to be similar circuits but with additional knobs...

(Not slagging here, just trying to understand. Guess I'll just start with the COT and see how I like it.)

* I now understand the infamous Lovepedal cartoon!

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

Guess I'll just start with the COT and see how I like it.

Just so you know, you're starting down a path here. You might as well know now, since once you're on...

Originally posted by The Gainster

The 50 changed the way I use pedals and my amps...that simple.

Originally posted by gitpicker

Lovepedals are like an infection - they grab a small foothold on your board, then they begin to spread, slowly at first, and then with greater rapidity.

Originally posted by gg82

It can quickly get out of hand.......

tnsa4000605mp.jpg

• Members

he makes a lot of one-offs and limited production stuff. Crazy wacko fuzz wahs and distortion machines and a lot more. He just doesnt make a lot of them. Thus adding to the confusion but it doesnt bother me. No secret society here, ive heard a lot of clips of most his pedals and read up quite a lot on what i need to know from the pedals im interested at.:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Got my White Dragon yesterday.

lpdragon.JPG

I have spent a good few hours playing it today and damn am I impressed. This blends so well with my Mojo Vibe. With the Driver and Blend knobs cranked and then backing off slightly on the Driver, it is giving me the tone that I have been struggling to get out of my Hot Silicon and '70. Total Jimi-ish timbres from it, especially with the Mojo. It cleans up so damn well and is extremely dynamic and responsive. The knobs on it allow for a ton of different sounds of which I am still exploring. Gotta get back to playing it but wanted to just drop a note on it in case anyone out there was wondering about this one.
:wave:

BEAUTIFUL LOOKING PEDAL!

Nice job!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

I appreciate the help, but y'all are as vague as Sean himself.
;)

Half the pedal descriptions say something like "takes you from treble booster type sounds to heavy fuzz."

I know the COT50 is a "plexi" -- the Eternity is overdrive, etc. All the other limited editions seem to be similar circuits but with additional knobs...

(Not slagging here, just trying to understand. Guess I'll just start with the COT and see how I like it.)

* I now understand the infamous Lovepedal cartoon!

I am not trying to be vague. I have described it the best I can and have mentioned to check the descriptions on the completed eBay auctions for more details from Sean himself. What I said about it is spot on. Not sure what else I can say to explain it further. :confused::)

Archived