stop abusing hendrix name

fusionid

• Members

I posted this on the guitar forum but figured you guys would like to see it too

In the 1990s, Dieffenbach got in tight with Hendrix's brother, Leon, and late father, Al. According to Dieffenbach, in 2002 he joined with them in a lawsuit involving a rival faction of the Hendrix family. He put up several million dollars for legal fees and in exchange got to share in the rights to the Hendrix name. He considered a Hendrix water and a fruit drink, Jimi Juice, but decided on vodka.

"It's like drinking with Jimi. The drunker you get, the more you think you're with him."

From LA Times

22701175.jpg

• Members

Hendrix's name is whored out everywhere. I can't even count the number of times I've seen a stock olympic white strat advertised with Jimi's name on it. He easily has the most officially liscensed pedals too.

He's the most famous badass guitar player, so everybody knows you can sell stuff just by putting his name on it.

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

Saw this stand at the Musikmesse, what the {censored}?

I can find no link or authorisation from the Hendrix estate, there appear to be no images of the man on the packaging. Quite a bold attempt if unauthorised.

a friend,

(whom I met at the E-H booth)

one of Europe`s greatest collector of J.H.memorabilities,

wasn`t too amused about that string booth...

• Members

we might as well accept that hendrix has been disneyfied... same thing with a couple more guitar players .... i dont think its right but its just become more of a "meh" thing to me.... i wanna try that vodka though...

im kinda surprised they didnt go for the more you drink the more u can play like jimi....

• Members
Originally posted by sweet_emotion16

we might as well accept that hendrix has been disneyfied... same thing with a couple more guitar players .... i dont think its right but its just become more of a "meh" thing to me.... i wanna try that vodka though...

im kinda surprised they didnt go for the more you drink the more u can play like jimi....

or at least, the more you THINK you can play like jimi :D

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

At least they could be inventive with their grave-robbing. Gimme a Vodka called "Manic Depression" or a cough syrup entitled "Purple Haze" and I'm there.

"Wind Cries DUI." Now that's good drinkin'!

Well done sir.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

He's the most famous badass guitar player, so everybody knows you can sell stuff just by putting his name on it.

And the funny thing is, suckers buy it. Nothing to give you that blooz mojotonelife like getting sold a gold-plated turd, eh bluezmen?:rolleyes:

Archived