ok what kind of pedal am i looking for here...

• Members

ok, so i need something that will give me a boost in both volume and gain, but not a dramatic tone change. I currently use the boost function on my traynor YCV 80, but it only gives a gain boost, not the volume boost i also need. Am i just looking for a simple OD pedal here? I dont need a mid boost, as the tone of my amp is fine. So any suggestions folks?

• Members

Maybe a fulltone fat boost.

How much volume do you need? Are you already maxed out on headroom on your amp? Because if you are, the volume boost will only push the amp harder, and won't really make it louder.

• Members
Originally posted by ScreamCage

Dano Fish and Chips EQ. If all you need is a volume boost to go along with your amp boost, just get the F&C (or any other EQ), and turn the volume on it up.

Well, i intend to replace the traynor dual-footswitch with a single footswitch. I need an OD pedal that gives volume and gain in one.. id like to keep a few pedals and save as much space as possible here :)

Hm and the BD-2.. how did i forget that one..

• Members
Originally posted by ScreamCage

Dano Fish and Chips EQ. If all you need is a volume boost to go along with your amp boost, just get the F&C (or any other EQ), and turn the volume on it up.

I just got one last week and I havent shut it off yet... Wonderful little pedal.... a little hiss but not too bad... :love:

• Members

What the {censored} is going on here??!?!

Noobs suggesting cheapo pedals? TS9s? what is this forum coming to!??! :eek::D

Seriously, the BD2, even modded is FAR from transparent. The Keeley modded version is excellent but far from transparent. It's my main overdrive but it isn't trasnparent at all. It's actually gloriously lo-fi versus the Foxrox ZIM. The EQ of the BD2 is fairly flat too, so it may suit you. Lots of gain on tap.

Yes, the Dano EQ is great for a volume boost without the gain.

The OCD is another drive pedal that is sposed to have a flat EQ response. I don't own this either.

The Sparkledrive is a TS9 clone. The blend control can make it sound crappy though (fizzy background drive). Best used as a boost (clean knob all up) or as a regular TS9 (clean all off). Modded TS9s will give you a flatter response and tighter gain. The ability to be both a boost and a drive pedal could be handy for you.

Check out the new MI Audio pedals. They're on the way soon. He keeps selling out. The ZIM could be the fancy option. At the other end of the scale, don't rule out the humble Boss SD1 either....er...someone might even pipe up and say the Digitech Bad Monkey :p

Archived