Acetone Fuzzmaster or Zoom Ultrafuzz?

marfue179

• Members

i want to buy a fuzz but i don't know who got more sounds , im intrigued for the similarities of the ultrafuzz with the fuzz factory , in the other hand the acetone got all the vintage feeling , this is a bit expencier but i can paid for it...what to do...what to do....:confused:

• Members

The acetone is pretty much a two hit wonder, it is very similar to the Univox Super Fuzz with the tone switch as a foot switch. So you get a good sounding octave fuzz with mids or with mid-scoop. Not a bad pedal, but not that much range. Expect to pay $75 to $150 for it (check e-bay for a good price guide as they often turn up there). Not familiar with the Zoom fuzz.

• Members

the ZOmm is probably the best bang for the buck fuzz, the Acetone will probably be less dependable, but probably has a sound of its own, if it is a lot like the Univox Super Fuzz, then you hould look at the old Ibanez Fuzz Machine pedals as well, also sounds a lot like the Univox, can be had for 75$ as well and I like mine a lot.

• Members
Originally posted by marfue179

thanks to all for the responces , i think i'm going for the Ultrafuzz , i'm a real tweaker
:o

As others have said, this is probably a more versatile option. :love:

Archived