Bad Monkey for a gain boost?

• Members

I'll just leave it at... "it's harsh and fizzy" until someone that can really bash it gets in here. But those are my two cents.

I'm awaiting a better explanation for this guy of why it sucks. Come on guys. :thu:

EDIT: But, if it's what you truly like, then there is no harm in using the pedal. But I recommend you try other things first as there are other options (you said you are a pedal noob). If you come back to the metal zone and still love it then.. more power to you.

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

I'll just leave it at... "it's harsh and fizzy" until someone that can really bash it gets in here. But those are my two cents.

I'm awaiting a better explanation for this guy of why it sucks. Come on guys.
:thu:

EDIT: But, if it's what you truly like, then there is no harm in using the pedal. But I recommend you try other things first as there are other options (you said you are a pedal noob). If you come back to the metal zone and still love it then.. more power to you.

I dont even have a metal zone, but thats what people keep recomending me :freak: . But Crowbar uses em to boost their amps and I think it sounds good so...:confused:

• Members

You'll be happy with a Bad Monkey. Much more natural than a Metal Zone. Plenty of gain on tap. Lots of eq options to get a metal sound if you want. The price is a joke. I bought one just cause it would be stupid not to have one at least for a back up. If it had a boutique name and look it would be hella expensive.

• Members

I chose to take my SD-1 Keeley out of the line up, 'couse the BadMonkey has a warmer sound (not as harsh), the only other pedal I had to compair to was a Marshall BBII. Today I employ a EH Double Muff into the board and see if the BadMonkey will play along with this version of my ever changing pedal board. :D

Archived