Alright, Some power supplies need to duke it out here . . .

DylanWilde

• Members

Here's my desired setup -

Crybaby 535Q (18v)

DOD Overdrive Plus

Behringer EQ700

Danelctro DanEcho

Korg GT 12 tuner

How should the power for these pedals go? Should I do the Godlyke/1 Spot thing and then buy an 18v adapter for the Crybaby? Or should I go for a DC Brick, which has been catching my eye lately, to power everything.

I mean, the first setup with be 40 bucks cheaper, almost half the price. But is it worth it?

So let's have it, cheap Godlyke/1 Spot for a simply 5 pedal setup and the Crybaby, or a DC Brick?

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

What difference does it make, with my setup if the outputs are isolated?

With your setup, probably none - you don't have any Line6 or positive ground pedals. So you don't have to get a Pedal Power 2+, but if I were you, unless you really really like the Brick form factor, I'd save even more dough and get a Powerall/1Spot and an 18V adapter. The other thing with the DC Brick is that its 18V outputs come from the 18V wall wart that is included!

• Members

Okay, I made some adjustments, and I am thinking this set up might be my new pedal board, but would I get away with a I Spot/Godlyke powering it?

Crybaby Wah (probably a Classic)

DOD Overdrive Plus

Behringer EQ 700

Danelectro Mini French Toast Octave Dist.

Dan Echo

Korg GT 12

Could I power all 6 of those with just one 1 Spot/Godlyke power supply? Is there any way?

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

Okay, I made some adjustments, and I am thinking this set up might be my new pedal board, but would I get away with a I Spot/Godlyke powering it?

Crybaby Wah (probably a Classic)

DOD Overdrive Plus

Behringer EQ 700

Danelectro Mini French Toast Octave Dist.

Dan Echo

Korg GT 12

Could I power all 6 of those with just one 1 Spot/Godlyke power supply? Is there any way?

Should be no problem. The 1Spot has 1700mA capability. Wahs, distortions, ODs, fuzzes, EQs, etc. draw hardly any power at all (10-20mA, if that). Digital pedals (besides Line 6) or ones with delay lines (flanger, chorus) draw a lot more current, but still usually

• Members

For the record I'm using a DC Brick to power an Ibanez AF-9, Visual Sound J&H, Akai E1, Dunlop Crybaby and a DS-1 and I've had no problems with noise so far. I like it because each individual pedal can have its own plug coming from the unit, which makes it easier, at least for me, to get power to each pedal. I used to run with a simple 1 chord daisy chain, but found it often annoying to get everything plugged in.

The 1-Spot is cheaper and will do just fine with what you have, so I would probably go with that first.

Archived