Maxon PT-999 Help!

Lensrock

• Members

So I'm an idiot and went messing around with the trimpots inside my Maxon Phase Tone and now I can't get any phasing effect out of it. The LED still turns on though. I've been playing and simultaneously messing with the trim pots trying to find the effect, but I;m not getting anywhere. Can anyone help?

• Members

Man, I don't wanna spend the money to send it in to anyone because I'm really just wanting to sell it. My uncle taught electronics for many years and has an oscilliscope. What's involved in correcting this problem with an osc. myself?

• Members

that wont work.... but you can try...

Im sure your uncle could give it an educated guess though....

You can try emailing godlyke for the sevice diagram... it has something to do with grounding one lead and taking the other to either a leg of the trimpot or to a resistor and getting the wave straightened out....

but like I said I cant remember for sure....

• Members

There's a sweet spot on the upper trimmer where you'll get phasing, go a nick forward or before it and you get nothing.

I did this same thing with mine, thought I screwed it up. Just keep tweaking the top trimmer while hitting the strings, you'll hear the phase go by. Back up 'til you find it, then adjust the bottom trimmer to get it fuller. I think it's just past the middle of the trimmer's sweep to find the phase again. Keep messing with it and you'll get it back.

Archived