battle of the tubescreamers

Johansolo

• Members

also if youre thinking of the higher priced boutique stuff head over to www.pedalgeek.com and www.musictoyz.com
they usually have soundclips posted with the product..not all of them but a lot

ohhhhhhh and if its a TS808 style pedal....lots buy the boss / ibanez and have them modded but why do that youll end up spending the same amount of money..and im one to talk cuz ive done it..

anyway if you like TS808's check out the Addrock Ole Yeller @ musictoyz they had some clips... and the Kaden Toucan OD www.kadeneffects.com

and you can always buy a clean boost..a lot of the pedals that have a boost function on them only works to boost the od..so its not the same as a clean boost

• Members
Originally posted by phishmarisol

If you want a TS for clean boost I recommend the Keeley TS-9. I've had quite a few different TS mods and I find this to be the most clear. That being said, I would not necessarily recommend a TS for a clean boost. Mild OD, in a heartbeat. But I find the difference between my "natural" tone and my tone with a TS engaged to be too drastic to use one as a clean. You may want to look into a dual boost, one clean/one OD such as the Fulldrive 2. I personally have 2 TS-9s. I leave one on with gain a little less than 9 o'clock all the time. Then when I want a boost, I turn that one off and turn the other one on (at the same time) with the gain set similar and the volume higher. Same tone, only louder. I love the TS-9 sound and have to have one running all the time.

If you have any other cool ODs lying around I'd trade you my 808DX for one. :p

My amp just has too much midrange for the tubescreamer.

Archived