Carl Martin AC Tone...When?

UberXTC

• Members

;) Soon....The first production model has been made, and works as it should, we are just waiting for a slight revised PCB.

But it will not take very long now, pester your dealers for more speed by the way:D

Niels

• Members

KT-66 output tubes.

PtP wiring, TAD parts, V-30 speakers.

Reverb in the combo, presence in the top.

Not a clone of anything really, just going for a solid platform to play from.

I will get around making some clips of both the combo and top later, I am pretty enamoured on the top and 4x12 myself:D

• Members

No idea about the wah, I am less than involved;)

I only test it sometimes, but it will have a huge buffer in and out, will kill anyone saying True Bypass within 4 miles:D

Hehe

Well it is TB, it got one of those big sodding switches on the inside and 9v, otherwise I have very little info on it really, but I will get some if you like:)

Niels

• Members

i dont have an allergy for buffers. :)

but when you have some more info i would be interested.

and what is the name, just to see if i won. :D

it is interesting to see two new 'boutique' wahs entering the european market, CM and banzai. cant wait to try them.

• Members

Not boutique!!

;)

2wah is the name....did you win?

The Echotone, well it is a delay that Thomas made more like he wanted the XL

to be, it is different from the XL, dunno about better, more features and a different sound, the second head is gone, but you can switch between manuel and taptempo mode, plus switch trails on and off on the end of the pedal, a little toggleswitch is located next the input jack.

The filtering and lenght of the delay is also different.

Plus it has a toneknob, and a loop for modulation effects.

Niels

• Members

Originally posted by Rid

;)
Soon....The first production model has been made, and works as it should, we are just waiting for a slight revised PCB.

But it will not take very long now, pester your dealers for more speed by the way:D

Niels

I just emailed Dan at Pedalgeek.com to have him bug Carl Martin to get the AC-Tone shipped!

• Members

The Echotone, well it is a delay that Thomas made more like he wanted the XL to be, it is different from the XL, dunno about better, more features and a different sound, the second head is gone, but you can switch between manuel and taptempo mode, plus switch trails on and off on the end of the pedal, a little toggleswitch is located next the input jack.

The filtering and lenght of the delay is also different.

Plus it has a toneknob, and a loop for modulation effects.

Just quoted myself;)

And no finally, it is not much like the XL in many ways.

AC-Tone, an overdrive, have even posted clips of it as well.:D

Niels

I just emailed Dan at Pedalgeek.com to have him bug Carl Martin to get the AC-Tone shipped!

Hehe ok.

• Members

Originally posted by Rid

That is easy to explain, nobody told them anything I guees:D

Well they better get tellin' people damn it!:mad:;)

Hey Niels. I noticed in the picture that the center and right led are both lit. Isn't it supposed to have two of the same channels? If so, how would you have both channels on at the same time. Please describe the pedal a little bit...knob layout & footswitch functions.

Thanks, JC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

First test pcb was working today, the layout is working, and now we wait for the

supplier to finish the first ones, then we can probally start production next week, we had to make a new pcb due to new rules regarding internal powersupplies...

quite annoying but now it works.

Niels

• Members

Well that one is being passed around...

heh dunno what it will end with.

I'm getting abit weary of doing drives all the time, so I am looking forward to something else soon:)

But tube stuff in pedals are almost always pure love or no love:D

Archived