Digitech Hotrod?

• Members

I know it's cheap and probably doesn't sound as good as a lot of things, but what do you guys think about it?

I think I might try one out this weekend. I'm looking for something cheap and fun to pick up for my birthday. Something I can try out instead of gambling with an order.

The girlfriend also might appreciate this one since it's supposed to cover quite a bit of ground instead of me buying two or three pedals.

I just want something to dick around with and give me some high gain.

My big muff is too much for a lot of things and my amp needs to be cranked quite a bit for my single coils to get going. I live in an apartment so I can only crank the amp so much. I definitely annoy the neighbors already, but to get real high gain I need to go nuts, and my room is so small so it's just too loud.

• Members

I had one for about a year. It does sound pretty good if you are looking for something with a lot of sounds. Now that I go back and listen to recordings using the pedal everything sounds a little compressed and not as good as a high quality mod or boutique. But if you don't mind too much and if you need to cover a lot of ground for a little money then it isn't a bad pedal. Just don't play anything nicer and you'll be fine...cause once you play something better then you won't be satisfied with the Hot Rod.

• Members

i liked the sound, but they'd usually crap out on me after a certain amount of continuous play. i don't know why to this very day. but whatever. i eventually got a fuzz and a RAT anyways, so that covers pretty much everything that was in the Hot Rod. Not to mention, both of these are analog as opposed to the digital HR.

• Members

Originally posted by booher

i liked the sound, but they'd usually crap out on me after a certain amount of continuous play. i don't know why to this very day. but whatever. i eventually got a fuzz and a RAT anyways, so that covers pretty much everything that was in the Hot Rod. Not to mention, both of these are analog as opposed to the digital HR.

yeah, i've heard about some reliability issues, which sucks.

thanks for the input. I figured this would be the case. But yeah, I think I could have some fun with it. I don't need to go all boutique yet. My amp was expensive enough, I might as well use it as my main source of tone, with pedals for extra fun and gain at low volume.

Archived