Is It Common For The Battery Life Of A Pedal To Be ...

T.DEY

• Members

Sucked down so quickly??? I just bought a used Jekyll and Hyde and after I used it once, for say, half an hour, then turn it off, then come back a little later and play again, the battery life is gone. I went through the first two batteries thinking it may be the batteries, then I tried a fresh one and it did the same thing.

What could be the problem? Circuits? My Amp?

I'm using a Fender Deluxe Reissue.

I actually like this pedal, considering I have bad luck trying out many others. If anyone has experience with the Jekyll and Hyde using the adaptor, let me know if there is any difference than with the 9v battery.

• Members

It can be a possibility that I have left the input cable in a couple of times. Do you think that could be the problem? I mean, I only came back to play a half hour later, and the battery was already dead.

• Members

Whoops, I original replyed, but had the Jeckle and Hyde confused with the H20 when I typed it (it;s late and I'm tired).

As long as the chord is plugged into the Input, the circuit is turned "on," and the battery is draining power. And it the case of the Jeckle and Hyde, you have two sperate circuits both draining the same battery.

That said, distortions usually don't have a lot of current draw (measured in milliamps-mA), which is what runs batteries down. So, you should get several hours out of one battery, perahps well into the double digits.

But, I'm not sure of the J&H's current draw, you would have to confirm that with Visual Sound. Something around 10mA is low current draw, something around 50mA is high. You might also want to ask them what an average battery life should be.

-Y.

Archived