raising a pedal on a pedal board

• Members

On my board i need to raise up a couple of pedals that are right on the end of the board so the input socket is higher than the edge of the acuall board. I was thinking getting a couple pieces of about 1 1/2 inch thick wood. Is this the best thing to do, if so should i velcro the wood to the pedal board then velcro the pedal to the top of the wood?

• Members

velcro both sides as mentioned.. i've done entire second tier risers this way and have had no problem just sticking the velcro directly to the wood without glue and i've taken it off the board several times. i do suggest if it's a bigger piece of wood that you leave a spot on the underside edge bare so you can get your fingers under there and a decent grip if you need to remove it. i didn't do that with the first riser i made (24"x 6") and it was an absolute bitch to pull off

• Members

I made a tier for my board out of a 1x1 from the HomeDepot.
Cut it to length X2 , spray painted them black, a few wood screws, & some velcro.
Put them length-wise so there's a channel to run cables thru.

• Members
Originally posted by bucket_brigadier

And general asthetics. I don't like that fuzzy covering.
:mad:

I've got one. It's a piece of {censored} in some ways. But I think I can mod it into something pretty cool. I do like the lid enclosure thingy. Pretty bloody heavy though and the carpet sucks ass.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by bucket_brigadier

And general asthetics. I don't like that fuzzy covering.
:mad:

Yeah, I've got one too, I realy don't care what it looks like, it works great. But like taco said, it's heavy as hell. If I could have a costum board made that was that same size but a three quarters the weight I'd be a happy man.

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

Yeah, I've got one too, I realy don't care what it looks like, it works great. But like taco said, it's heavy as hell. If I could have a costum board made that was that same size but a three quarters the weight I'd be a happy man.

I have one too and the weight is not the issue for me. It's the fact that it keeps falling apart on me:mad: . I need a bigger board but I think its time to make my own.

• Members

Originally posted by DonaldDemon

I have one too and the weight is not the issue for me. It's the fact that it keeps falling apart on me:mad: . I need a bigger board but I think its time to make my own.

Just curious, what's falling apart Mine has gotten some pretty heavy use, and I haven't had a problem. Is there something I should be watching out for?

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

Just curious, what's falling apart Mine has gotten some pretty heavy use, and I haven't had a problem. Is there something I should be watching out for?

Well, first the velcro loop sheets came off the tier and main board. Mike at NYC was cool and set me replacements. As a remedy, I put duct tape on the underside of the tier where the velcro edge meets the wood so it would not separate again.

Recently, the handle is falling apart and the rubber has peeled off, leaving a sharp metal edge. I take good care of my stuff but I also lug it around to gigs, practice, jams, etc so it does get used alot.

The board also seems to give alot when I step on pedals now for some reason???

I don't know, they are great for the price but I can make thes same thing for cheaper and upgrade some things that bother me so that is what I will do. No way I'm paying $350 for a large pedalboard like some companies charge!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived