Idea for an OC-2 mod

Lanefair

• Members

What is it with me and octave pedals? Anyway here's my idea:

Get an old OC-2, cut out the lower octave completely (it's not very useful anwyay). Then hijack the clean signal before it gets to the final mixing stage, and run it into a very basic fuzz circuit. Then use the Oct2 pot for a fuzz pot (the clean vol will control the fuzz vol).

I don't know {censored} about buffers, how to power the fuzz, or the space available inside the OC-2, but I fancy an all in one fuzz/lower octave pedal that has clean lower octave, and the fuzz is applied after tracking, if that makes sense.

• Members

Neat Idea!

I have a couple I'll look at one of these days!

One thing I'd really wish....is for an octave up in that thing, two outputs..or a blend.... and then distort the octave up....for bass players...they'd love that. Talking to Sheehan and others...there is this incredible tone you've heard a million times that a bass gets by getting the treble distorted and the bass rock solid and clean.

neat stuff!

rk

• Members

Originally posted by RossCompress

Neat Idea!

I have a couple I'll look at one of these days!

One thing I'd really wish....is for an octave up in that thing, two outputs..or a blend.... and then distort the octave up....for bass players...they'd love that. Talking to Sheehan and others...there is this incredible tone you've heard a million times that a bass gets by getting the treble distorted and the bass rock solid and clean.

neat stuff!

rk

I think ive heard that tone before, it almost sounds like a screeching tone right?

Archived